The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dude
I am already sending the snow to my relatives in Aussie.

We do get snow you know :rolleyes:

Snowed in abundance at my uni this year in July, should post some photos for amusement :wink:
Reply 81
A few inches covering here :biggrin:
Reply 82
it is white with FROST here! only jus got up :smile: propper sunny and blue sky tho - nice :biggrin:
Reply 83
White Christmas in Devon! It snowed on Christmas Day just as we were eating our dinner :smile:

Today I went sledding for the first time ever! It was so much fun!
It is just fantastic to be able to build a snowman a christmas day..
Reply 85
danni_bella83
We do get snow you know :rolleyes:

Snowed in abundance at my uni this year in July, should post some photos for amusement :wink:

I hate the snow, been up when its huge at Perisher a few times, never took my fancy.
Everdawn
I hate the snow, been up when its huge at Perisher a few times, never took my fancy.

Yeah I was about to say, snow isn't that good anyway. I said that in an earlier post :rolleyes: You must not've read it :p: Yep, at the end of the day, it's only snow - and it's not really that great. It's alright tho, and can be fun to make snow men and angels with :smile:
danni_bella83

We do get snow, but it's like in the middle of the year

:elefant: I take that back! :eek: It was since reported on the 29/12/04 that snow apparently fell in the mountains near Thredbo, NSW Australia, around Christmas, 2004:

"In the Snowy Mountains residents had a belated white Christmas as two centimetres of snow fell around the Thredbo and Perisher Blue areas. Thredbo Village had a maximum of 8 degrees. Cooma had a top of 14 degrees, as did Guyra, in the Northern Tablelands"

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Icy-Antarctic-air-chills-NSW-for-Christmas/2004/12/28/1103996556440.html?oneclick=true

Tells you here too (kinda, but not as accurately :redface: ): http://www.lantern.com.au/index/Lantern_Thredbo_News/Festive_Fredbo/festive_fredbo.html

Of course it fell nowhere near me, but at least we can say that us Aussies sometimes get White Christmases too! If we feel like it, we can have one :p: Most of us jst choose not too :smile:
sparklyteacosie
It is just fantastic to be able to build a snowman a christmas day..

Don't think I ever have on Xmas day itself. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending