The Student Room Group

Christmas activities to do with friends in London

Now that first term is almost over and Christmas is getting closer, it’s time to go out with friends and get into the spirit! I personally am so excited for Christmas and can’t wait to make plans with friends.

Central is fun all year round but now that Christmas has hit London it’s definitely worth a visit with friends. If you too are wanting to make the most of it this year before everyone heads home for the break then here are some super fun things to do on a budget!

If you’re looking to spend as little as possible then why not hit the Christmas markets in the day then take a stroll in the evening to make the most out of the Christmas lights! Whilst you might be tempted by some of the Christmas market stalls, this can be a super cheap day out as you can spend next to nothing after travel (however i would recommend treating yourself to a hot choccy to keep warm!!). There are so many different options for markets and if you planned it well enough you could even cross multiple off the list in one day. Just remember to check online the opening times of the markets so you can make sure your’e not wasting your journey, and if your’e clever enough you could even see which ones are near pubs to increase the festivities!

If you have a bit more of a budget then this is absolutely the time to get your skates on and hit the rink with your nearest and dearest! From Somerset house to the Sobell Leisure Centre in Islington, you and your friends can have ample of fun for an affordable price. Some venues are also offering student pricing so make sure to double check and take your student ID if they do!

And if you’re looking for an extra cheesy giggle with your friends why not push the boat out and go to a pantomime! Whilst it may not be the coolest of activities it can be fun to let loose and forget about the stresses of first term. Small production companies will quite often do an affordable pantomime but if your’e going to a bigger theatre then definitely once again check online to see if you can get student discount!

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
I do love a pantomime! :giggle:
A Christmas market is so much fun as well :yy:
Are there any nice markets near you @Kingston Reps ? :h:
Hi @Father Christmas!

Luckily for us, Kingston has its own Kingston Christmas Market on at the minute - so our campuses are only a short walk away from an unlimited supply of bratwursts and mulled wine. There's also some great live music on most nights. :smile:

-Eve (Kingston Rep).
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @Father Christmas!

Luckily for us, Kingston has its own Kingston Christmas Market on at the minute - so our campuses are only a short walk away from an unlimited supply of bratwursts and mulled wine. There's also some great live music on most nights. :smile:

-Eve (Kingston Rep).

Very nice :gah: I must sample some of these bratwursts and of course wash it down with the mulled wine :mmm:
:merryxmas:

Quick Reply

Latest