The Student Room Group

Physics or Psychology A level?

As you can see from the question, i'm deciding between taking physics and psychology for A-level. I'm in year 11 now, and need to choose my a level options, but am super stressed about them. Currently, my fourth as level subject is physics and my reserve is psychology, with the other three being biology, chemistry and maths. Either way, I will drop either physics or psychology after a1.
However, I really don't like and physics and feel like I would enjoy psychology a lot more, but am scared that psychology wouldn't be as useful for medicine as physics would be.
Could someone give me some advice so i can make a more confident choice?

Thank you so much if y'all respond with advice! :smile:
what don't you like about physics? it goes well with maths, but i still think you would still be fine with doing psychology, i know plenty of people applying for medicine who aren't doing physics. Physics is quite of a difficult subject, and from what I've heard psychology is easier so it might be better for you to take psych so you can focus on getting good grades in the other subjects. especially since you're dropping it after a1, your decision won't matter too much.
Psychology if you respect yourself
Reply 3
Original post by dicotyledon
what don't you like about physics? it goes well with maths, but i still think you would still be fine with doing psychology, i know plenty of people applying for medicine who aren't doing physics. Physics is quite of a difficult subject, and from what I've heard psychology is easier so it might be better for you to take psych so you can focus on getting good grades in the other subjects. especially since you're dropping it after a1, your decision won't matter too much.

I don’t like the whole subject ; it can be interesting at times but the workload on top of the other two sciences and maths would be immense, but thank you so much for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest