The Student Room Group

Alevel Geography+Pe+Psychology

Hi im starting alevels in september any tips and are my options good (is pe worth it) while i can still change and in general any info abt them cause i havent rlly got much -all aqa
hey so i do 2/3 of those alevels (psychology and geography both are aqa aswell) can you tell me want you want to get into? Like is it sports related or healthcare? For all i know that psychology and pe works well together and geography is really interesting and it is also recognized as a facilitating subject by unis. If you want to know what you are going to be studying, i suggest looking at the specification and see if you are interested in learning about those things for the next 2 years. Also for alevel geography you are going to sit 2 papers and complete an NEA (non exam assessment). You will have to look at the course information of the sixth forms you applied to and see which topics they are going to be covering for example, for physical geography im doing water and carbon cycle (compulsory) , coastal systems and landscapes (optional) and Hazards (optional). Your sixth form might be doing something different like Hot desserts and Ecosystems under stress or they could be doing the same topics that im doing rn.

heres the specification for your subjects that u picked.

geography: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/as-and-a-level/geography-7037/specification-at-a-glance
psychology: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/as-and-a-level/psychology-7181-7182/specification-at-a-glance
physical education: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/physical-education/a-level/physical-education-7582/specification-at-a-glance
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by blind-ranger
hey so i do 2/3 of those alevels (psychology and geography both are aqa aswell) can you tell me want you want to get into? Like is it sports related or healthcare? For all i know that psychology and pe works well together and geography is really interesting and it is also recognized as a facilitating subject by unis.

im not rlly sure at all what i wanna do -looked at sports psychology but now not sure at all tbh . Im a bit worried pe wont be respected but as ive got geo/psych those two shld make it alr right?
Original post by no-nonsense-dead
im not rlly sure at all what i wanna do -looked at sports psychology but now not sure at all tbh . Im a bit worried pe wont be respected but as ive got geo/psych those two shld make it alr right?

Yes you are completely alright when it comes to geo and psych! some unis just wants you to achieve a certain grade but some unis want to look into the subjects that you are doing. but you have nothing to worry about since you still got time to finalize your decisions. even at the start of year 12, if you feel unhappy with one of ur subjects then you can request to switch that subject for another. and psychology is seen as a relative science subject so you should be fine if you dont know what career you want yet.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by no-nonsense-dead
Hi im starting alevels in september any tips and are my options good (is pe worth it) while i can still change and in general any info abt them cause i havent rlly got much -all aqa
omg im also taking these!!!

Quick Reply

Latest