The Student Room Group

ALEVEL CHEM charge density

Hi :smile: Am I correct in this statement?:
The charge density is the ratio of the charge of an ion to its MOLAR volume. /// in case you couldn't tell, the part I'm unsure about is if the ratio is relating to the molar volume of the ion rather than just its volume (is there a difference??? is it even possible to find the volume of an ion??) thank you :0
Original post by lane_in_pain
The charge density is the ratio of the charge of an ion to its MOLAR volume. /// in case you couldn't tell, the part I'm unsure about is if the ratio is relating to the molar volume of the ion rather than just its volume (is there a difference??? is it even possible to find the volume of an ion??) thank you :0

Charge Density = Charge of the ion / Radius of the ion
Reply 2
Original post by lane_in_pain

The volume of the ion is the same as a normal atom as ion is a charged particle (you may be confused by an isotope). And I think you may be correct in the statement because its virtually the same thing. hope that helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest