The Student Room Group

Request for participants for insomnia study

Hi

I am a 3rd year undergraduate student at the University of Bolton. I am currently conducting a qualitative study exploring the experiences of students who have been suffering from insomnia. Participation would involve being interviewed by myself on Zoom. I cannot give an exact time for how long the interview would take as it would depend upon the length of participant answers, but the interviews I have conducted so far have all taken between 15-20 minutes. I am very flexible regarding when I can do the interview and can arrange it to best suit your current study and other commitments.

I am using the following criteria for eligibility for the study, based upon ICD-10 criteria for insomnia:

Difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or early morning awakening

Sleep difficulties must be present 3 or more nights per week

Sleep difficulties must be present for at least 1 month

The sleep difficulties lead to significant daytime distress or impairment

You also need to be 18 years of age or older and currently studying at university. You don't need to have had a formal diagnosis of insomnia to take part, and if you feel your current sleep difficulties are reflected in the above criteria then I would really appreciate your participation in the study. If you are interested in taking part or have any questions you wish to ask about the study, then please contact me via this website

Thank you for taking the time to read this post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending