The Student Room Group

Transferring courses

I’m in my first year at Warwick and I’m currently doing physics and I’m not enjoying it and want to transfer to accounting and finance at WBS.

However the course I want to transfer to has standard entry requirements of A* AA however there is a widening participation (contextual) requirement of AAB for which I qualify for and meet (my grade = AAA). Will they allow me transfer or is it their decision? Do people who qualify transfer on the contextual basis or am I at some disadvantage because I don’t meet the standard even though I am a widening participation candidate. I am guessing they could also make it on the basis of first year grade.
Just ask them. They’re the only people who can answer with any authority. You won’t lose your current course because you ask to switch.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Just ask them. They’re the only people who can answer with any authority. You won’t lose your current course because you ask to switch.

I have already asked the switch about a month ago however received no response. Just wondering on how possible/not possible it is based on the entry requirements
Original post by smithk1
I have already asked the switch about a month ago however received no response. Just wondering on how possible/not possible it is based on the entry requirements

Anyone answering on TSR would be guessing.
If you haven't had a response then try going to the office of the person you asked and asking them in person.
What does your handbook say?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Anyone answering on TSR would be guessing.
If you haven't had a response then try going to the office of the person you asked and asking them in person.
What does your handbook say?

I have tried asking in person but was always told to speak to the undergraduate programme manager who is always 'busy' and unresponsive when i send him an email. They just told me to send the request and wait.

What do you mean when you refer to the handbook?

Edit: I just read the brochure and it did mention widening participation requirements. However I haven't really seen any stories on internal transfers done based on contextual requirements rather than through UCAS. Does the same still apply?

Also I had also tried transferring to econ (they were more responsive) and they said it was okay to transfer on a contextual basis, however I did not have the A* in maths so I couldn't be considered. Just wondering if it poses any significant disadvantage also?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending