The Student Room Group

GCSE HELP!!urgent

so I got a 4-4 in my mocks for combined science (foundation), is it physically possible (if we are only straight up given predicted grades) I could be given a 6-6, my school is prestigious and last year the exam boards boosted the predicted grades by the teachers as they said we think they would've done better than the teachers predictions, so i doubt they will object. Any help????
No.
You are a foundation tier student, foundation tier students are capped at getting 5-5.
Reply 2
Original post by gcse2021wasajoke
so I got a 4-4 in my mocks for combined science (foundation), is it physically possible (if we are only straight up given predicted grades) I could be given a 6-6, my school is prestigious and last year the exam boards boosted the predicted grades by the teachers as they said we think they would've done better than the teachers predictions, so i doubt they will object. Any help????

yeah sorry, at foundation level the highest you can get is a level 5
Original post by TrES2b
yeah sorry, at foundation level the highest you can get is a level 5

what if in february i take a higher tier test at school and get a 5?

Hi, if you do foundation I think the maximum grade you can get is a 5, but I'm not 100% on that.
However, my teachers said that if they had good reason to, they can raise our mock grades by 2 grades so theoretically you could get a 6. Maybe If you emailed your teachers, they might know more? :smile:
Original post by average_human
Hi, if you do foundation I think the maximum grade you can get is a 5, but I'm not 100% on that.
However, my teachers said that if they had good reason to, they can raise our mock grades by 2 grades so theoretically you could get a 6. Maybe If you emailed your teachers, they might know more? :smile:

but idk becuase i need to know if we have tests when we join in FEB
Reply 6
what if in february i take a higher tier test at school and get a 5?

if you wish you can switch to higher tier but this is down to your teachers and they will assess your ability and think if its good for you to switch. but no matter what if you do foundation you will never get above a 5 you are capped at level 5. if you want more than a 5 you must do higher :smile:
but idk becuase i need to know if we have tests when we join in FEB

yeah same, this is what I'm worried about. Our school are looking to have a second lot of mocks in March, not sure if all schools are doing that though. I guess all you can do is make sure any work you do over lockdown is submitted, maybe your teachers could use that as evidence, but I really don't know?

I'm in a similar position as you with physics and chemistry, my teachers have said make sure all work is submitted

i hope it all works out for you :smile:
Original post by average_human
yeah same, this is what I'm worried about. Our school are looking to have a second lot of mocks in March, not sure if all schools are doing that though. I guess all you can do is make sure any work you do over lockdown is submitted, maybe your teachers could use that as evidence, but I really don't know?

I'm in a similar position as you with physics and chemistry, my teachers have said make sure all work is submitted

i hope it all works out for you :smile:

im stuck lmao
im stuck lmao

if you are really worried, email your teachers if you can. If you ask maybe they could move you up to the higher exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest