The Student Room Group

Will I be accepted in access course if I was never out of education?

Hi, I am 18 years old and i am planning to do account course next year to be able to go to university. Right now I am doing my GCSEs and Oline course part time one day a week. So I was wondering if this count as a full time education. Will I be accepted even though I was never out of education? Please respond this question it’s urgent.
Reply 1
There's quite a few 19 year olds on my access course, most took some time out after gcse or dropped out of sixth-form and are now returning to education. If you're over 19 on the beginning of the course however, you'll be fine.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Char3313L
There's quite a few 19 year olds on my access course, most took some time out after gcse or dropped out of sixth-form and are now returning to education. If you're over 19 on the beginning of the course however, you'll be fine.

I will be 19 next year, however now I am doing online course part time one day a week. Will that be a problem?
Original post by KumaT
Hi, I am 18 years old and i am planning to do account course next year to be able to go to university. Right now I am doing my GCSEs and Oline course part time one day a week. So I was wondering if this count as a full time education. Will I be accepted even though I was never out of education? Please respond this question it’s urgent.

@KumaT
Hi, I've taught on Access for over 10 years so I can help.

Access is designed for learners who are 19 plus, however some providers will enrol students who are 18 as they can still get funding for you. However, some providers will not enrol you as there is often a high drop out rate of learners who are 18-19 as it is effectively A levels squashed into one year.

A key thing for your progression is to have good Level 2's (GCSE level) in English and maths when you apply (science too if you want to do midwifery). If you apply for University and it is a really competitive area such as Pharmacy or Midwifery applications are usually put to the back of the que if you do not have the Level 2's already.

Which area do you want to go into?

Being 18 you might be best doing Access in an FE College to give you plenty of structure compared to doing it online

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending