The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele uni

I’ve decided to put keele uni as my firm. I want to know peoples experiences at keele if you regret going there or not ?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve decided to put keele uni as my firm. I want to know peoples experiences at keele if you regret going there or not ?

Hello!

Great to hear you want to join us! If you'd like to chat to current students to get a better idea of life at Keele, you can do so via Unibuddy here: www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

I'm tagging in @Keele Student Ambassador1 too who may be able to help with any questions you have.

Amy
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Keele University
Hello!

Great to hear you want to join us! If you'd like to chat to current students to get a better idea of life at Keele, you can do so via Unibuddy here: www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

I'm tagging in @Keele Student Ambassador1 too who may be able to help with any questions you have.

Amy

Okay thank u !

Hi!

Lovely to hear you want to join us at Keele!

As my colleague Amy @Keele University has already said, you should definitely speak with some of our current students on Unibuddy - there's a good mix of us on there across lots of different courses and levels of study, and from various different countries too.

I can only speak to my experience of going to Keele as a postgraduate but I can honestly say I love it there. I went to Aberystwyth for my undergraduate and I had a fantastic time - Aber is a campus university and I really loved the community feel and the laid-back vibe so when I was looking for a place to study as a postgrad, I wanted something similar. Keele ticked all the boxes - it's a gorgeous campus and there is a really friendly community feel, with staff and students living side by side with and within the local community. And there's always plenty going on - between the clubs and societies, the SU, the KPA, there's lots to keep you occupied on campus whatever your interests!

Keele's also really well connected - it's only a short bus ride to the centre of Stoke if you want a wider range of shops than Newcastle can provide. And if you hop on the train, you can get to Manchester and Birmingham for a taste of city life. So you get the best of both worlds because you have the laid-back vibes of the campus with plenty of green spaces and nice walks, but you can easily get to large shops/chain restaurants/clubs etc if that's more your scene.

I'm sure @Keele Student Ambassador1 will be able to tell you more about the undergraduate experience but do feel free to ask here if there's anything specific you want to know. And chat with some of our buddies too - they'd be happy to share their experiences!

Amy Louise :smile:

Hello there! It's great to see that you are considering coming to Keele!

As my colleague mentioned I am a current undergraduate student at Keele. Personally, I think coming to Keele was one of the best decisions I made! I am an international student as well and I think the relaxing atmosphere at Keele really helped me settle into life in the UK. I really like the community atmosphere at Keele as well! Everyone has been really friendly and helpful, from the lecturers to the accommodations team and student services!

As Amy mentioned, there's quite a lot to do on campus from nights out at the Student's Union to clubs and societies and long walks in the Keele woods! The nearest town to Keele campus is Newcastle-under-Lyme. Although it is a small town there is quite a lot to do there from places like a cinema, escape rooms, arcades and crazy golf to loads of restaurants, cafes, clubs and pubs! Also as Amy mentioned on her post, Keele is really well connected. Cities like Manchester, Birmingham and London are only an hour to an hour and a half on the train from Stoke-on-Trent station. Furthermore, if you or one of your friends have a car, Keele is quite close to areas in the Peak District as well. So you really do get the best of both worlds at Keele!

I personally believe that Keele is a really good option for undergraduate studies due to everything I mentioned earlier, especially if it is the first time you will be away from home for a significantly long period of time. I hope this helps! Me and both my colleagues are here to help if you have any further questions!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest