The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL THREAD for interview dates

Has anyone recieved any news yet???

2 people in my school got offers for interview yesterday from Birmingham, which is pretty amazing as their applications were only sent off 2 weeks ago so its a quick turn around. I almost wish i had sent my UCAS form off earlier, i think you are at more of an advanatage (eventhough unis say you aren't).

Anyone- else applied to Birmingham and sent their application form?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Already!! woah, that really is soon! I always hear people saying that UCAS 'collect' applications and send them off in one big go on the 15th... I'll be sending mine off by the end of the week hopefully.
Reply 2
god! i've just done my personal statement,But saying that im doing route B which you dont need to apply til january.Does anyone know when you can start applying for accomodation?
:puke:

I don't think I'll be hearing anything just yet. I'm still waiting for my school to approve and send off my application first. Ha I just hope I will be able to post here with news over the next couple of months.
Reply 4
It is scary to think that most med schools begin interviewing in about a month! That about your two friends getting interviews already is almost unbelievable though...
Reply 5
jarralisa
god! i've just done my personal statement,But saying that im doing route B which you dont need to apply til january.Does anyone know when you can start applying for accomodation?

thats interesting. I have never heard of that.

So how does that work, do unis leave places for people applying in January?
Reply 6
!MEna
:puke:

I don't think I'll be hearing anything just yet. I'm still waiting for my school to approve and send off my application first. Ha I just hope I will be able to post here with news over the next couple of months.

good luck!
i'm sending mine off in 2 weeks!
oh and your uni choices are almost the same as mine! :smile: wow
Reply 7
i've never heard of interviews coming through that early. my reference hasn't been even written yet and although ive done all i can on my part my school are so slow that mine will probably go off around october 13th ish
Reply 8
scaryhair
It is scary to think that most med schools begin interviewing in about a month! That about your two friends getting interviews already is almost unbelievable though...

i know, i thought unis would not even offer people interviews until at least the 15th October- the deadline for UCAS. I suppose they just want to get as many out of the way before the majority of the applications come through.

But im sooo jealous--- i would be ecstatic!!!
Reply 9
annread
thats interesting. I have never heard of that.

So how does that work, do unis leave places for people applying in January?

They must do,Its not as much based on your grades its more about your portfolio.Hmm..i've never actually thought about that i'll have to ask my lecturer :biggrin:
Reply 10
interviews already?! as iffff! i thought birmingham didn't even start till the end of october!
that's so scary :s-smilie: i've applied to birmingham. wonder (if i get an interview) when it would be.
Reply 11
w t *

already??

Geez i need to start getting off my lazy ass and actually submitting this UCAS!
Wow, the Brummies are eager aren't they lol .. don't blame them for making a start now though.
There I was, under the impression that sending it off early wouldn't make a difference - 2010 cycle have something to learn from this, at least!
Reply 13
!MEna
Ha I just hope I will be able to post here with news over the next couple of months.

i'm with you on that one! i was under the impression people didnt start hearing back until at least december time, november at the earliest.... it's all getting so real!lol

OP, when are their interviews?
Reply 14
lukenn
i'm with you on that one! i was under the impression people didnt start hearing back until at least december time, november at the earliest.... it's all getting so real!lol

OP, when are their interviews?

mid november - i dont know the exact dates!! I found out the exact dates- 24th and 22nd October.
i was too shocked to hear that they had already got an offer for interviews!
Reply 15
Subscribed to this thread - this is the worst part of the application, waiting to hear if you are going to get at least 1 chance....

Ah :frown:.

I can't believe there are interview dates being sent out already! Well, I mean medicine is oversubscribed so presumably they don't have time to wait about until the 15th.... But at the same time wouldn't it be a little better to wait until all applications are in?

In any case I plan to send mine on the 15th. Just to make sure I am 100% happy with everything....
I'll join everyone else here who is anxiously waiting for the potentially life changing letter through the post..!! Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 17
TSR really does make me worried about applying to uni and the whole process. veryone seems to hype every detail of the process up. if we all have a good strong application and have put everything into it we should get at least 1 interview - although with med applications you never really know
Reply 18
:O i haven't even sent mine off and people are getting interviews:O
DrDomDom

But if you take my place, i will hunt you down. :smile:

The feeling's mutual :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending