The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Universities definitely process your applications as soon as possible as Barts told us that at the open day they will start processing candidates from day 1 of the cycle. Also UEA have sent me a letter saying they're processing my application and I will be hearing from them "very shortly" whatever that means.
Reply 41
so do you think that handing the application in late lowers the chances of gaining an interview. My application has been reading to send off since septemeber 1st but im still waiting for my reference to be completed. Im applying to 3 foundation courses so the competition is extremely stiff and im worried about my chances of getting an interview. Ive done all i can with regards to my application but it all rests in the school now who are taking a very long time with it - in fact i have a feeling that they wont send it until the 14th because they seem to do this every year with med applications and every year less than 20% actually get in
Reply 42
DrDomDom
When did you send off your application?

23rd.
Reply 43
sd91
so do you think that handing the application in late lowers the chances of gaining an interview. My application has been reading to send off since septemeber 1st but im still waiting for my reference to be completed. Im applying to 3 foundation courses so the competition is extremely stiff and im worried about my chances of getting an interview. Ive done all i can with regards to my application but it all rests in the school now who are taking a very long time with it - in fact i have a feeling that they wont send it until the 14th because they seem to do this every year with med applications and every year less than 20% actually get in

I do not think that if you submit on the 15th that you will be less likely to get an interview. The schools probably know what they are looking for and it probably does not change drastically from year to year, so they have a good idea of which applicants are strong (even before they receive all of them). That is what I think anyway...
Reply 44
sd91

Provided you send your application in by the 15th there is no reason why you would be disadvantaged against earlier applicants.
early or wot?
i didn't even know it was possible - damn it; my reference isn't even done yet! lol
damn
Reply 46
Some of your UKCAT scores send shivers down my spine, seriously.

I'm taking mine on the 8th of October so no way I can send my application until perhaps the 10th or 11th... Then my tutor will do a reference whilst I pay for the UCAS thingy so my application should be sent on the 14th. Meaning I won't be hearing from the unis for a little while yet... Oh the horror...

I realise it's pretty late but I had to reschedule my UKCAT because we have a test in Chemistry so I want to have time to prepare for that, then spend the whole day before my UKCAT just doing loads of Cognitive Ability Test-type questions and GCSE comprehension qs and stuff. I feel like I NEED to when I see my fellow applicants' scores!
Iscariot
Universities definitely process your applications as soon as possible as Barts told us that at the open day they will start processing candidates from day 1 of the cycle. Also UEA have sent me a letter saying they're processing my application and I will be hearing from them "very shortly" whatever that means.

Yeh I got an e-mail from UEA saying the exact same thing but it means nothing they're just automated letters/e-mails which they send out to everyone who has applied.
Reply 48
somethingbeautiful
Yeh I got an e-mail from UEA saying the exact same thing but it means nothing they're just automated letters/e-mails which they send out to everyone who has applied.

Yeah so I suspected seeing as the email before that said wait till mid-December. They just like toying with applicants :p:
I've applied to B'ham and my application was sent off today. I'll keep people updated :p:
Reply 50
Polymorphing
I'll join everyone else here who is anxiously waiting for the potentially life changing letter through the post..!! Good luck everyone :biggrin:

:eek:
You're the first 'unknown quantity' person I've ever seen on TSR :biggrin:
/offtopic

I don't know anyone who's got offers/interview dates yet...I did my UCAS ages ago but it's still not been sent off by school :frown:
They've been nagging us for ages to get them in...the earlier the better etc etc, but they're not doing their job properly! grrr...:shifty:
sadie-kiki
:eek:
You're the first 'unknown quantity' person I've ever seen on TSR :biggrin:

haha! I don't know whether to be proud or just plain ashamed.
Reply 52
hi,
i just wanted to know from all da people who have sent their applications off, have u got ur welcome letter things yet and when did u get it from first noticing the 'ur application has been processed' notice on ucas.
also can all of u still log on to track even before recieving the letters, cause i can't :woo: any reply will be much welcomed.
Reply 53
yeah, i got onto track right after my app was sent off, but we get news of interviews through the post anyways.
let the fun begin :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 54
Same

Track right away!

Letter not received yet as i sent off on 01/10/2008
Reply 55
sending mine to my teacher tonight, and they should send it off by tuesday at the latest.... let the postman-stalking begin :biggrin:
Meh, mine will be sent off on the 13th at the soonest. The teacher who manages the applications decided to take a week off.
Reply 57
Does anyone know where you can get some good practice questions for interviews?

I've sent my UCAS to my school but my school says they take 1-2 weeks to process it o.o
Which gives me a bit more time before interviews so it's probably a good thing though :P
iSimon
Does anyone know where you can get some good practice questions for interviews?

I've sent my UCAS to my school but my school says they take 1-2 weeks to process it o.o
Which gives me a bit more time before interviews so it's probably a good thing though :P

There are some interview Q's here:
http://medstudentz.com/european-medical-schools/449-uk-medicine-interview-questions.html

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/employability/students/Sector%20information/documents/GettingintoMedicine.pdf (scroll to page 3)
Reply 59
DrDomDom
I sent my application off on the 23rd I think, and I got my letter on...the 29th I think. The notice about being processed came almost instantly.

I could get onto track the moment I sent my application off and apply showed that my form was being processed.

hhhhhaaaaaa, i've got 2 sort it out then soonest:frown: :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending