How old do you need to be to go watch a court case?

Watch this thread
Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How old do you need to be to go watch someone’s court case to just see everything happening and how the court works etc when I search up online it doesn’t really give an answer so was wondering if anyone on here knows?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Are you planning to come alone, with other people and include at least one adult in the group? :confused:
What type of court (county court, crown court, magistrates court, old bailey, supreme court).
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Minimum age for access to the Public Gallery at the Central Criminal Court (Old Bailey) is 14; the same applies to the Royal Courts of Justice.

Anyone under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 year ago
Hailey629
Rep:
I have some crown courts and magistrates courts along with county courts near me so for them types of courts and how would it work out do you just turn up and try to find something to go in to listen and watch or do you have to do it online or bring anything with you like ID?
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Note that there is some live streaming of hearings in the Court of Appeal (Civil Division).

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the...ourt-hearings/

You will probably find the Judiciary's YouTube Channel interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3...8a3I9_vL7A_5SQ
Hailey629
Rep:
Thank you I will check them out. But would I need to be 16 or 18 in order to go alone to them courts I listed to go watch a case and would you just turn up or do you have to do something beforehand?
Hailey629
Rep:
How would I turn up to go watch a court can I see the cases that will be on that day online or anything or do I just turn up and see if their is anything?
Adam51
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
How would I turn up to go watch a court can I see the cases that will be on that day online or anything or do I just turn up and see if their is anything?
Old case.
Hailey629
Rep:
(Original post by Adam51)
Old case.
Sorry what do you mean by old case?
Adam51
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
Sorry what do you mean by old case?
Anyone with half a brain would know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
42.1%
The paper was reasonable (271)
41.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.12%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.6%

Watched Threads