The Student Room Group

Super-curriculars (law)

What super-curricular activities would you recommend for A-level Law that can enhance university applications and contribute to future success in the field?
Hi! I don't have any experience in this field, but from what I've been told by Universities and Career Advisors is to go watch court cases. Like look up the nearest court to you to see the cases that are occurring that day and try and go watch it, so you get actual experience of what barristers and some solicitors do. Of course you have your normal super curriculars, like reading books and articles, but don't underestimate how much it can help, as it expands your wider knowledge and helps you in universities when you'll have to research your own papers. Work experience is also good! Like try emailing nearby solicitor firms to see if you can shadow a solicitor there for a week, so you get a feel of the firm and get transferable skills depending on the tasks you have to help out with. Hope this helps. :smile:
Hi there,

I completely agree with peachymuffin. Reading articles and books relating to law can definitely enhance your knowledge. Furthermore if you have time too, I recommend applying for summer placements or simply work shadow in law firms. Of course the summer placements are most likely going to be unpaid, unless you're lucky enough to get paid placements. But there's a good chance law firms will allow you to work shadow. You can try calling up local firms or even the well-established firms across UK.

I hope this helps too.

Best wishes,

Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending