The Student Room Group

Gap year for doxbridge law

I'm taking a gap year to redo my A-Level exams and reapply to university this year for Law at Durham. What kind of things do I need to in my gap year that Durham will like so that I can put in on my personal statement? Any gap year ideas for law in general? Thanks everbody.
Hi there,

I'm not sure of the specifics of applying to law so just a few general tips relating to gap years: it's always a good thing to gain some work experience, if at all possible! You should also continue to read around the subject you want to apply to, to have a better idea of how it's going to be and know what to write in your personal statement. I also managed to attend some online lectures regarding my subject(s) which were really interesting and informative. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do the same for law and how fun or boring an online lecture might be, but if you could do that it'd help you a lot and show a big level of engagement with the subject. Also, I've done this at the Old Bailey due to sheer curiosity more than anything else, but I think it'd do you wonders to go to your local court and see cases from the public galleries!

Hopefully someone else can reply with a more specific answer for law, but in the meantime, check this thread out: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2118803

It's an old thread but it has a couple of ideas that should (hopefully) lead you in the right direction regarding things to do during your law gap year!

Quick Reply

Latest