Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Salary after doing ACA at a big four. My cousin did the ACA at EY and now works at Europe Arab Bank. How much would he roughly be earning? Also what is pay progression like.
Nobody2u
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why don't you just ask him? A basic google search will tell you that salary on qualification is around 40/45K. So if he left of his own choice, I doubt he took a lower salary, unless it was a work /life balance choice. In choosing a bank as his employer i doubt he's working less hours, so you can assume he's earning more.
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Why don't you just ask him? A basic google search will tell you that salary on qualification is around 40/45K. So if he left of his own choice, I doubt he took a lower salary, unless it was a work /life balance choice. In choosing a bank as his employer i doubt he's working less hours, so you can assume he's earning more.
So like 60?
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People say u get (roughly) 40% pay jump when exiting big 4 for industry

Edit: the 45k mentioned above is also London salary I believe
Nobody2u
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thrwawy)

London salary with London house prices. Don't do it for the salary, because outside of the car, the house and 2 weeks of holiday, you don't get time to spend it! Do it because you love the job, otherwise you won't stick it!
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

That would be low for a qualified moving to industry.
thrwawy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
That would be low for a qualified moving to industry.
What’s realistic then?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What’s realistic then?
At the moment with Covid - I don’t know. Before that big 4 newly qualifieds in London were going for around £52 - 60k. Some in financial services would be higher.
thrwawy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At the moment with Covid - I don’t know. Before that big 4 newly qualifieds in London were going for around £52 - 60k. Some in financial services would be higher.
Think we had a misunderstanding, the 45K I was talking about was NQ staying at big 4, then a 40% jump moving to industry
Chelsea2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the big four salary like in Birmingham once ACA qualified?
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Financial services as in banks right? So they would be making more than 60?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Banks/ insurance etc. I don't know how the salaries work but understand there is a far higher ceiling.
K1NE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Even in the current market, I think getting £50k is a given and £55k for a newly qualified is definitely achievable. You may see more roles around the £50k mark though.

In certain other industries you could look at getting £60k for sure in the current market, there just might just be a less of them.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Banks in accounting rules for NQs are typically around £55k base plus 10-20% bonus. Private equity and hedge funds do pay more for NQs in accounting or fund management/ops roles so in those an NQ could get total comp over £80k.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.22%
No (615)
50.78%

Watched Threads