The Student Room Group

maths help pleasee URGENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3KSYpYuFw&ab_channel=ZPhysics

at 6:41 of the video, am I being dumb or is the guy making a mistake?
(on the right-hand side you can see his working) if he's squaring the entire thing, shouldn't the 2 also be squared? ::frown: though the method seems wrong to me, it gives the correct answer..

Thank you sm in advance <3
(edited 3 years ago)
I watched it as well and I don’t know if I’m being thick or if he did do it wrong? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be squared as well but maybe there’s something I’m forgetting? If the answer is right then I’d assume that it is the correct method and maybe just ask your teacher to explain?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cloudias
I watched it as well and I don’t know if I’m being thick or if he did do it wrong? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be squared as well but maybe there’s something I’m forgetting? If the answer is right then I’d assume that it is the correct method and maybe just ask your teacher to explain?

yeah i would but the test is tomorrow morning lol so i don't think she'll respond in time :frown:...no worries thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by Qxi.xli
yeah i would but the test is tomorrow morning lol so i don't think she'll respond in time :frown:...no worries thanks anyway :smile:

Lmao fair enough, I hope someone smart sees this and can explain 😂

haha yeahh thanks :smile:

dont think thats happening in time haha :frown:
Reply 6
Not gone through it carefully but he mentions a sqrt(2) multiplying d, squaring that would cancel one of the 2s on the denominator, leaving what he has as ok (9*2 rather than 9*4).

But not gone through carefully.

Good luck with the physics olympiad.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Not gone through it carefully but he mentions a sqrt(2) multiplying d, squaring that would cancel one of the 2s on the denominator, leaving what he has as ok (9*2 rather than 9*4).

But not gone through carefully.

Good luck with the physics olympiad.

Omg thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest