The Student Room Group

UK school choice

Hi just a quick but urgent question:
I just got offers from charterhouse, CLC and sevenoaks. we are not really considering charterhouse so it is just between CLC and sevenoaks
we really dont know which one to choose so can any of you gove some advice?
thanks
Reply 1
why not consider charterhouse? Would like to hear your thoughts

(Original post by etsuko-o)
I just got offers from charterhouse, CLC and sevenoaks. we are not really considering charterhouse so it is just between CLC and sevenoaks
thanks
Reply 2
Original post by henri17
why not consider charterhouse? Would like to hear your thoughts

(Original post by etsuko-o)
thanks

well we first considered charterhouse as one of my destinations because of their website and results. however after consideration, i decided that i would like to do ib in the futur and decided to go to sevenoaks in the end because its ib courses are really flourishing. also, we noted that sevenoaks appears to be more international and diverse. i have always been in international environments so the transition would probably be less hard.
hope this helped.
Reply 3
Hii can you tell me what score you got on the Sevenoaks entrance tests
Reply 4
uhh so for 13+ entrance exams they dont really give you a score? like they dont tell you what you got, so you only recieve an offer without the actual score.
if it helps you could potentialy receive three types of offer: decline for application, offered place and offered place+scholarship exam invitation. I got the scholarship invitationn which is why we have decide to choose sevenoaks.
Hope it helped
Original post by etsuko-o
thanks

Hii ! What subjects did you sit the entrance exam for CLC? Could you give me a summary of what the exams where like for Cheltenham and the level of difficulty ?😊
Reply 6
I sat the exam last year, and i had to complete a general abilities exam (cat4), math, English and a group interview. Personally, I found that the exams were not that difficult, sufficient training and just keeping up to date with the general academic level in Britain is ok. And for the interview you just have to make sure to stand out amidst the other participants and be confident about what you are saying.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending