The Student Room Group

AQA English GCSE

Hello, I would like to ask about the grading system for the AQA English GCSE. How many marks should I achieve in both papers to get grade 5?
Reply 1
Idk if you're talking about language or literature, so... these are the marks that were needed to get a 5 in the 2019 exams. Bear in mind that these will probably change slightly for when you do your exams/get assessed grades.

English language - you need 86/160 overall for a 5 (~54%)

English lit - in 2019 you needed 83/160 overall (~52%)

I got the data from https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2019.PDF

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jaegis
Idk if you're talking about language or literature, so... these are the marks that were needed to get a 5 in the 2019 exams. Bear in mind that these will probably change slightly for when you do your exams/get assessed grades.

English language - you need 86/160 overall for a 5 (~54%)

English lit - in 2019 you needed 83/160 overall (~52%)

I got the data from https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2019.PDF

Hope this helps! :smile:

Is it 86/160 from one of the papers or from both of the papers?
Reply 3
Original post by Nick889
Is it 86/160 from one of the papers or from both of the papers?

I didn't do AQA english myself, so I don't exactly know, but there's only one number mentioned, so I assume it's from both of the papers added up. Try looking up "AQA english language gcse paper 1 grade boundaries" or smth like that if you want to find out individual marks.

Or do you know how many marks each paper is worth? And if either paper is weighted more?
Reply 4
Original post by Jaegis
I didn't do AQA english myself, so I don't exactly know, but there's only one number mentioned, so I assume it's from both of the papers added up. Try looking up "AQA english language gcse paper 1 grade boundaries" or smth like that if you want to find out individual marks.

Or do you know how many marks each paper is worth? And if either paper is weighted more?

I don't know how many marks each paper is worth, but as you said. I will look it up online and see more info about the papers.
Anyway thank you for you help, you have been so helpful. I wish you a nice day.

Quick Reply

Latest