The Student Room Group

does anyone else get this

ive read everything i can about it and idk but i was allowed.my mum said a email was sent saying i get slmething extra in my exams but i dont think she really understood amd i didnt either.and for my other exams i didnt have this so they marking me more leniently i think im kinda confused.ive tried researching and read loads of jcq but still kinda confused.anyone who understands can they explain to me.and does everyone get this where invigilators read the question and explain what the words means or is it just me?
Reply 1
sorry for the bad writing and mistakes for some reason the app is glitching and when making a post i cant see what im typing
My school sent out an email that I think is similar to what your describing. They asked whether I had any mitigating circumstances that would've lead to poor performance in exams.
Reply 3
and the title says it to long so i had to change it but it kept glitching but i was asking of everyone else like all students can put there hand up and they can ask the invigilator to explain what the words mean in the question and the invigilator reads the question to you or is this just me.because i was allowed for english literature gcse except i didnt hear her properly because she was whispering with a mask on. and i put my hand over asked one ivigilator and then that invigilator said she couldnt do it she had to ask another to come. im kinda confused if this is what everyone gets or just me?
Reply 4
Original post by cleveranimal56
My school sent out an email that I think is similar to what your describing. They asked whether I had any mitigating circumstances that would've lead to poor performance in exams.

yeah i think i got something similar my mum was really vague about it but all my mum said was i was supposed to have something in my last exams but i didnt and so for those exams i get more lenient marking and for exams left i had (i finished) i get someone who explains to me what the words mean in the question or something. and i asked and the invigilator explains what the word means and reads the question
Reply 5
Original post by X.243llie
and the title says it to long so i had to change it but it kept glitching but i was asking of everyone else like all students can put there hand up and they can ask the invigilator to explain what the words mean in the question and the invigilator reads the question to you or is this just me.because i was allowed for english literature gcse except i didnt hear her properly because she was whispering with a mask on. and i put my hand over asked one ivigilator and then that invigilator said she couldnt do it she had to ask another to come.

No one is ever allowed to explain in a GCSE exam what words in a question mean - if that's happening then it is cheating (officially called malpractice).

Some people are allowed a reader, where someone reads the questions to them. They can also read what you have written back to you. This is only allowed for a candidate if your school's SENCO gained permission for it by submitting suitable evidence to the exam board(s) to get permission. People with readers are normally put in a room with just a few other people spaced apart (or as the only candidate in a room) so the talking does not disturb others.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
No one is ever allowed to explain in a GCSE exam what words in a question mean - if that's happening then it is cheating (officially called malpractice).

Some people are allowed a reader, where someone reads the questions to them. They can also read what you have written back to you. This is only allowed for a candidate if your school's SENCO gained permission for it by submitting suitable evidence to the exam board(s) to get permission. People with readers are normally put in a room with just a few other people spaced apart (or as the only candidate in a room) so the talking does not disturb others.

yeah this was why i was so confused. anyway i never heard it as she was whispering with a mask on and i didnt hear as i happen to be mild hard of hearing so i dont hear sounds like whispers except maybe a word or two. i heard content means happy and what sounded like words from the question but i coukdnt make out anything clear enough.happy was also in the question though so maybe she was just rephrasing i just didnt hear enough to fully be able to say exactly what was said
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest