The Student Room Group

GCSE average score

Hello,

I am doing combined science and in order to get accepted to the college I want, I need to an average score of the eight best (full) GCSEs. My question is: as I'm doing combined science, I will get two grades. Do I have to divide my score by 8 or 9 because of the combined science?

One more question: do we also include the both grade English: literature and language?

And I'm doing an additional language, does it also count as part of your average score? Should I include it?

Thank you
Reply 1
Eng Lang is a GCSE, Eng Lit is a GCSE, Combined Science is 2 GCSEs. An additional language is a GCSE.

Take your best 8 GCSE results, add them together, divide by 8. That's your average score.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Eng Lang is a GCSE, Eng Lit is a GCSE, Combined Science is 2 GCSEs. An additional language is a GCSE.

Take your best 8 GCSE results, add them together, divide by 8. That's your average score.

So if I do 10 GCSEs and have a low grade in one of them, do I include it ?
Reply 3
Original post by alex.ivak1
So if I do 10 GCSEs and have a low grade in one of them, do I include it ?

You only use your 8 best GCSEs, so you can ignore 2 of them - include all or half of your Combined Science grade. So say you acheieved:
7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7-6 6 with 7-6 being your Combined Science grades. You would count the 7 from your Science but not the 6.

Quick Reply

Latest