The Student Room Group

Can I get into medicine w these gcse grades?

I take bio chem psychology and core maths at a level and I’ve been quite scared thinking maybe my grades aren’t enough to get into medical school I really want to go to a uni in London but now I’m not sure if I’ll be able to English lit-7English lang-6Maths-6Science-76Geography-5Health and social-l2PRE-6Art-6
Original post by beverlxyyy
I take bio chem psychology and core maths at a level and I’ve been quite scared thinking maybe my grades aren’t enough to get into medical school I really want to go to a uni in London but now I’m not sure if I’ll be able to English lit-7English lang-6Maths-6Science-76Geography-5Health and social-l2PRE-6Art-6

check the individual med school websites for minimum gcse requirements, but bear in mind that for some unis, i.e. kings, even if you do meet the minimum reqs your gcses would put you at a disadvantage as they use gcses in their scoring system. however, many unis just use a straight ucat cutoff, so as long as minimum gcse reqs are met then they are not used.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by reubenn05
check the individual med school websites for minimum gcse requirements, but bear in mind that for some unis, i.e. kings, even if you do meet the minimum reqs your gcses would put you at a disadvantage as they use gcses in their scoring system. however, many unis just use a straight ucat cutoff, so as long as minimum gcse reqs are met then they are not used.

I know I meet the minimum requirements for kcl and I wanna go to kcl but I just wasn’t sure if I’d get in with average GCSEs
I know I meet the minimum requirements for kcl and I wanna go to kcl but I just wasn’t sure if I’d get in with average GCSEs

kings score gcses by counting the number of 8s and 9s you have, and most applicants will get maximum gcse points as they have 8 grade 8s and 9s, while you would get 0 points, so unfortunately it wouldn't be advisable to apply to kcl.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by reubenn05
kings score gcses by counting the number of 8s and 9s you have, and most applicants will get maximum gcse points as they have 8 grade 8s and 9s, while you would get 0 points, so unfortunately it wouldn't be advisable to apply to kcl.

Which unis would u recommend then for me?
Which unis would u recommend then for me?

well i can't really recommend any until you have your ucat score, however i would say to exclude those unis that score gcses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending