The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP VS UEA (NEED HELP)

Can someone please advise where i would have a better chance of getting in?? (kings emdp vs east anglia)
** before ppl mention lincoln, liverpool etc. i don’t meet the gcse requirements as i only did 7 **

predicted A*AA (a* in psychology)
UCAT 2760 band 1
gcses 8888888 (7 A*s)
WP: polar + low attainment school

i have applied to EMDP but i’m worried by stats are too high to be considered and considering substituting for east anglia instead
i know the EMDP is risky because of the very low acceptance rate + i only meet some contextual data , however i’m a bit worried my UCAT won’t cut it for UEA as the cut off was apparently 2710 last year, which isn’t far off my score?? My interview is likely to go averagely, they aren’t my strong suit.

Not sure which is less risky ???
(edited 6 months ago)
ur scores might be pretty high for EMDP, but are you contextual is what matters tbh. 2760 can get u into a lot of unis
Original post by Kababsauce
ur scores might be pretty high for EMDP, but are you contextual is what matters tbh. 2760 can get u into a lot of unis

i meet some contextual data: my gcse school was pretty bad, below average progression 8 and below average every other factor (a level school might be too) , and quintile 2 postcode, also the first to go to university and household income under 30k if that counts (would’ve received ucat bursary but my mum got a second job to earn the money we used to get from benefits - annoyingly won’t count)
Think that’s it i didn’t do any of the programmes

The problem is my GCSES :/ My school made us drop a GCSE because of covid leaving me w 7 GCSES + a btec course in drama
only ppl who did triple science or didn’t do a btec course had 8 or 9 GCSEs
I didn’t think to put it under extenuating circumstances as i assumed that was about illness/mental health etc. but i’m thinking maybe i should have… A lot of unis i looked at that may have taken the score needed 8+ gcses, or scored 8+ gcses which disadvantaged me - do you think i could email them and ask them to take that into consideration maybe?

Thank you sorry that’s a bit long :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
i meet some contextual data: my gcse school was pretty bad, below average progression 8 and below average every other factor (a level school might be too) , and quintile 2 postcode, also the first to go to university and household income under 30k if that counts (would’ve received ucat bursary but my mum got a second job to earn the money we used to get from benefits - annoyingly won’t count)

The problem is my GCSES :/ My school made us drop a GCSE because of covid leaving me w 7 GCSES + a btec course in drama
I didn’t think to put it under extenuating circumstances as i assumed that was about illness/mental health etc. but i’m thinking maybe i should have… A lot of unis i looked at that may have taken the score needed 8+ gcses, or scored 8+ gcses which disadvantaged me - do you think i could email them and ask them to take that into consideration maybe?

Defo try email them and tell them your extenutating circumstancess, but theres lots of unis that only score ur top 6 gcses with 8/9 = 4 points so maybe check out HYMS and aston ur ucat is good so id say apply to newcastle partners programe.
U dont need to do a foundation year at kcl.
Original post by Kababsauce
Defo try email them and tell them your extenutating circumstancess, but theres lots of unis that only score ur top 6 gcses with 8/9 = 4 points so maybe check out HYMS and aston ur ucat is good so id say apply to newcastle partners programe.
U dont need to do a foundation year at kcl.

Ty for the help :smile:

i did look into hull york and newcastle but i dont score high enough on hull york and i right down south of eng so newcastle is milesss away from home 🫠 Ill look into Aston tho thanks x
Ive just started. Uea a104

Ucat was 2520 b2

Similar gcses to you.

Look at this and other foi on uea website and look at last years a104 chat.

https://www.uea.ac.uk/about/university-information/statutory-legal-policies/freedom-of-information/disclosure-log/-/asset_publisher/MzkqxGGjjxNc/content/foi_22-147-a100-and-a104-medicine-statistics

Can someone please advise where i would have a better chance of getting in?? (kings emdp vs east anglia)
** before ppl mention lincoln, liverpool etc. i don’t meet the gcse requirements as i only did 7 **

predicted A*AA (a* in psychology)
UCAT 2760 band 1
gcses 8888888 (7 A*s)
WP: polar + low attainment school

i have applied to EMDP but i’m worried by stats are too high to be considered and considering substituting for east anglia instead
i know the EMDP is risky because of the very low acceptance rate + i only meet some contextual data , however i’m a bit worried my UCAT won’t cut it for UEA as the cut off was apparently 2710 last year, which isn’t far off my score?? My interview is likely to go averagely, they aren’t my strong suit.

Not sure which is less risky ???

That ucat score was for a100. Not for a104, the 6 year widening access one.

on another note, loving my time at uea so far
Reply 7
Original post by Alexanderlouis
That ucat score was for a100. Not for a104, the 6 year widening access one.

on another note, loving my time at uea so far

Hi, what were your predicted grades please ?
Original post by Awura123
Hi, what were your predicted grades please ?

BBB
achieved ABC

UEA offer is for either abc/bbb so it gives you a bit of leeway with grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending