The Student Room Group

MidYis Score?

On Friday my Year was given their Midyis scores from the test we did in S1. For some reason however we were not told told how "good" a score is, i.e average score etc.

Does anybody know the average score, or what percentiles scores are in?

My score was 123 (4th Highest out of around 150), what does this mean? Is this score average?

Thanks
Some digging turns up

http://www.midyisproject.org/renderpage.asp?linkID=11419003
The results are standardised, (within the year group nationally) to have a mean score of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.You will be able to compare how your pupils have performed on the MidYIS Test in relation to one another and also how they have performed relative to the national average.

So you are 1.5 sigma above the national average, which places you in about the top 6.3%.
Reply 2
Thank you, not to bad a score then.
Reply 3
Original post by Evan7788
On Friday my Year was given their Midyis scores from the test we did in S1. For some reason however we were not told told how "good" a score is, i.e average score etc.

Does anybody know the average score, or what percentiles scores are in?

My score was 123 (4th Highest out of around 150), what does this mean? Is this score average?

Thanks

Hi, i did my midyis in year 9, all i remember is that it was really long and tiring..
My school predicts our gcses from that and all i remember is getting tired in the last few questions and clicking any old button, how can my school predict me all A's and A*s from that...
A guy in my year has a photographic memory and it predicted him mainly A*s (gifted) and had a score of 146, he is now in the middle set for most subjects, so i guess it isn't a clear indication of anything but i know that my whole year was in the top 25% and nearly everyone was in the top 15%. I got a score of 131 and i was ranked joint 54th with 9 others in my year group (out of 90) which they said was very good as my year is quite academic.

But well done on your score, 4th highest, that really very good, it just shows that you can learn easier than most others. 120 means that your heading for a B grade at gcse, 140 means A grade, but mostly everyone gets higher.

But i think that only counts in year 9, im not too sure about yr7 or 7
Reply 4
Hi! I am taking this exam soonish and i just wondered if i could have some example questions that you can remember that i could work on? Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending