The Student Room Group

Chances of LSE/UCL/Bristol with low LNAT?

I appreciate these Q's are always difficult to answer. However, I recently received my LNAT score from Oxford (as feedback, they were allowed to disclose) and I disappointingly got 21. However, my essay was graded as 68 internally, which was 2 marks higher than the average offer holder.

My GCSE's and A levels are all 9s/ 3 A*s, and assuming my PS is good, does the prospect of an offer from LSE/UCL/Bristol look okay? I know LSE and Bristol dont have cut-off scores but both value LNAT score heavily, so I'm not sure if that is a big danger. I've been told UCL is bigger on the essay.

Many thanks :smile:
There have been offer holders with an LNAT score as less as 14 in the past, although the average has considerable increased, you still have chances of getting an offer, don't lose hope.
Reply 2
Original post by RetroSPECT3.0
I appreciate these Q's are always difficult to answer. However, I recently received my LNAT score from Oxford (as feedback, they were allowed to disclose) and I disappointingly got 21. However, my essay was graded as 68 internally, which was 2 marks higher than the average offer holder.

My GCSE's and A levels are all 9s/ 3 A*s, and assuming my PS is good, does the prospect of an offer from LSE/UCL/Bristol look okay? I know LSE and Bristol dont have cut-off scores but both value LNAT score heavily, so I'm not sure if that is a big danger. I've been told UCL is bigger on the essay.

hey just checking a year later, did you end up getting a bristol offer? i got the same as you in both my lnat scores haha
Reply 3

How do you know the grade of your essay? Is that known?
Reply 4
Original post by Ameri280
How do you know the grade of your essay? Is that known?

you get told in an email by oxford, if you applied there

Currently in the same position. I also got 21 found out today. Did u end up getting accepted by LSE?
Original post by AyshaEdris22
Currently in the same position. I also got 21 found out today. Did u end up getting accepted by LSE?

LSE rejection but it was PS that was lacking.You still have hope, provided your grades and PS are amazing!
Original post by achap101
hey just checking a year later, did you end up getting a bristol offer? i got the same as you in both my lnat scores haha

Yes, I am at Bristol right now 🙂 good luck
LSE rejection but it was PS that was lacking.You still have hope, provided your grades and PS are amazing!

thanks for the response! My PS is very good according to everyone that read it and have 3 A* predictions. so hopefully they will accept me even though my LNAT was 2 marks below average
Reply 9
thanks for the response! My PS is very good according to everyone that read it and have 3 A* predictions. so hopefully they will accept me even though my LNAT was 2 marks below average

what is the LNAT average? is it the LSE average or the overall LNAT average?
Original post by paytosanj
what is the LNAT average? is it the LSE average or the overall LNAT average?

below the national average which was 23 and i got 21. (ik i did terrible i left the revision a week before)
Reply 11
below the national average which was 23 and i got 21. (ik i did terrible i left the revision a week before)

Thanks for replying.
Does anybody know what was the average LNET score of LSE offer holders for last year?
Original post by paytosanj
Thanks for replying.
Does anybody know what was the average LNET score of LSE offer holders for last year?

not sure but they usually accept above 26 (give or take) but there are ofc anomalies where they might accept lower if they really like ur application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending