The Student Room Group

what is the importance of diffusion in organisms?

has anyone got any good points for this question, i need to write a 25 marker on it (what is the importance of diffusion in organisms?)
(edited 2 years ago)
Don't know it this is what your looking for:

Diffusion is important to cells because it allows them to gain the useful substances they require to obtain energy and grow, and lets them get rid of waste products. This table shows examples of substances required by cell and associated waste products.

Hope this helps?
Original post by imac_
has anyone got any good points for this question, i need to write a 25 marker on it (what is the importance of diffusion in organisms?)

What do you have so far? This is a common 25-marker question, so you must have come across lots of examples of diffusion in both plants and animals.
Original post by imac_

Think about what diffusion is: Diffusion is the net movement of molecules from an area where they are at a higher concentration to areas where they are at a lower concentration.
Why would organisms need this function?
Here's a hint; organisms require certain necessary materials, what are those materials & why do they need those? Organisms also need to get rid of certain materials, write about what those materials are & why it's important to get rid of them.

answered by gauthmath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending