The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

wtf is going on

so I got my offer and grades and stuff and did the portal thing to confirm my place (got the email confirming I did so) but I have heard like nothing else since ??

like I didn’t get sent a username/password which I need to select modules, haven’t heard anything confirming my college since the “we might change your college” email (I was originally assigned Hatfield back in feb) or anything to do with accommodation… I’ve checked spam and everything but still nothing and now I am extremely stressed as the deadline for deciding modules is a few days away… is anyone else in a similar position or have I done something wrong or what is even going wrong I need to go to bed
Hi, I just finished my undergrad at Durham! Durham is amazing and you'll have a fabulous time. Maybe you could email them and try to get more out of them. Just send an email to uni admissions and/or Hatfield and say you haven't heard anything politely but is it possible to get some information on accommodation etc.

I wish you the best of luck! I'm sorry ghat has happened to you! Reach out to me by pm if you have any questions about Durham
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by stressedaf612
so I got my offer and grades and stuff and did the portal thing to confirm my place (got the email confirming I did so) but I have heard like nothing else since ??

like I didn’t get sent a username/password which I need to select modules, haven’t heard anything confirming my college since the “we might change your college” email (I was originally assigned Hatfield back in feb) or anything to do with accommodation… I’ve checked spam and everything but still nothing and now I am extremely stressed as the deadline for deciding modules is a few days away… is anyone else in a similar position or have I done something wrong or what is even going wrong I need to go to bed

Hi.

As far as I know, Durham are still in the process of allocating students to colleges, so I don't think everyone has had confirmation of that yet.

However, regarding module registration, there should be an option to do this on the portal you mentioned. So just log in on there, click Student Services then go to Registration and Enrolment > Programme & Module Registration. You should then be able to choose your subject modules.

As for accommodation, you will be sent a link for this once your college emails you with confirmation that you have been allocated there officially.

Hope this helps. Try not to stress. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I would email them tbh
I get the stress, I'm going for Durham too.

I would keep looking at modules in the faculty handbook, check for clashes and if they're tied, etc.

They'll get back to you soon on the college. How much does it matter to you because I know some people wouldn't want to go if they didn't remain at their first whereas others put in an open application anyway?

You'll get the enrolment stuff after your college is confirmed.
Reply 5
Hi, I'm a News Editor for Palatinate, Durham's student Newspaper. We are looking to run a story about college reallocations, deferrals etc.

If you want to share your experiences, or have any comments to make, please get in touch with me!

Quick Reply

Latest