The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Resuming second year study in January after resit

Hello everyone.I recently failed to pass in my first year course and have been entered into a resit period in November. I assumed that if I managed to pass this resit I would be able to start my second year during the January intake. However, I have been informed that a January intake for my course wasn't available in the second year and I will have to wait to re-enroll during the September intake of 2022. This timeframe is too large to spend without study, so I wanted to know if I had any options.Thank you.
Original post by HeshamUni
Hello everyone.I recently failed to pass in my first year course and have been entered into a resit period in November. I assumed that if I managed to pass this resit I would be able to start my second year during the January intake. However, I have been informed that a January intake for my course wasn't available in the second year and I will have to wait to re-enroll during the September intake of 2022. This timeframe is too large to spend without study, so I wanted to know if I had any options.Thank you.

If there is no January intake for your course then I am not sure what could be done. Have you spoken to your personal tutor about your concerns?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
If there is no January intake for your course then I am not sure what could be done. Have you spoken to your personal tutor about your concerns?

Is transferring to a different university with the same course available in January intake possible? I haven't gotten an answer to my emails yet, which is why i thought I'd post it here instead.
Is transferring to a different university with the same course available in January intake possible?

I think you will struggle to be honest. Transfers are not always straightforward at the best of times and you would need to find a course that:

a) accepts transfers from your course of study
b) has a January intake
c) isn't concerned about your failed module or pending retake

You can ask around but the answer is most likely to be a no. The Transfer FAQ may be of use.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
I think you will struggle to be honest. Transfers are not always straightforward at the best of times and you would need to find a course that:

a) accepts transfers from your course of study
b) has a January intake
c) isn't concerned about your failed module or pending retake

You can ask around but the answer is most likely to be a no. The Transfer FAQ may be of use.

I see. What would you recommend I do during this time period that isn't just waiting for next year's September intake?
I see. What would you recommend I do during this time period that isn't just waiting for next year's September intake?

Work, internship(s), relevant online courses. You could ask your personal tutor if there is anything relevant & constructive that you could do in the interim.

I suggest making the most of your time off. It's not ideal being away from your studies for so long, but it's also the opportunity to work on yourself to prepare for second year. Whether that's getting a job, going over course content, improving on your personal development or whatever, try and be proactive and engaging. You could discuss with your APT what your options are - you can volunteer, get a job related to what you're studying or go back home and do something there!

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest