The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Resit Application

I haven’t seen much stories on successful Cambridge applications from an A Level resitter on here so I thought i’d share my story incase it’ll help anyone else in their decisions.

I was originally a Cambridge offer holder for History and I needed A*AA but got A*AB at A level instead with the B in History, therefore missing my offer. I decided to take a gap year after missing my insurance offer as well and decided (after a lot of crying and misery) to reapply to Cambridge. I started the process of resitting my A level History, submitted my extenuating circumstances as there were some personal things happening with my family during the exam season and started Cambridge preparation.

I got an interview and then, to my absolute shock I received an offer on the 24th of January despite resitting the subject I’d applied to do at Cambridge. They required A* in my History resit this year but I am confident I can do it. So to anyone who missed their offer and was thinking about whether to reapply do it! You never know what will happen!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ksophiett
I haven’t seen much stories on successful Cambridge applications from an A Level resitter on here so I thought i’d share my story incase it’ll help anyone else in their decisions.

I was originally a Cambridge offer holder for History and I needed A*AA but got A*AB at A level instead with the B in History, therefore missing my offer. I decided to take a gap year after missing my insurance offer as well and decided (after a lot of crying and misery) to reapply to Cambridge. I started the process of resitting my A level History, submitted my extenuating circumstances as there were some personal things happening with my family during the exam season and starting Cambridge preparation.

I got an interview and then, to my absolute shock I received an offer on the 24th of January despite resitting the subject I’d applied to do at Cambridge. They required A* in my History resit this year but I am confident I can do it. So to anyone who missed their offer and was thinking about whether to reapply do it! You never know what will happen with it.

Eyyy I've got a History offer as well! Congrats and hope to see you in October, good luck with getting the A*!
Reply 2
Original post by Labda18
Eyyy I've got a History offer as well! Congrats and hope to see you in October, good luck with getting the A*!

Thank you, hopefully be seeing you in October too!
Hello, resit applicant here, I know a few people who held an offer missed it by one grade, didn’t get in but then got in second time and resat.

[start]As for me, it’s slightly more complicated story. I have for long suffered with my mental health and while teachers would often praise my way of thinking my grades throughout the year ended up often being B/C[/start]

[start]However I managed to get AAA in AS which gave me hope - I applied for Oxford with 2A*A and got an interview, but sadly I didn’t get in, though I had a “respectable” interview score.[/start]

[start]Due to this and other mental health issues I ended up not doing well further in college and achieving AAB in A2 this summer. After stuff with my insurance went wrong for a different reason, I decided I’ll have to reapply to universities and decided to give Cambridge a try with planned resits. Ecf form, solid pre admissions test and reasonable interviews later suddenly I have an offer for 2A*A which Is a standard offer for my subject[/start]

[start]While it’s not from a college I originally applied to I am still very excited, even though I get a bit of imposter syndrome for it I didn’t expect to have a chance.[/start]

[start]Now just to meet my offer, still have to learn how to properly learn with adhd[/start]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending