The Student Room Group

I’m losing hope

So I am failing my degree and resitting two modules to go into BA course without hons, the thing is I would have to start third year in September which sucks becuse I have wasted five years of mt life for a degree

I could ask them to do a Jan course but I am losing hope
Reply 1
What is it that is making you fail? and what course are you stuyding?
Reply 2
Original post by hxmara
What is it that is making you fail? and what course are you stuyding?

I’m studying law and it’s two modules I have failed, I am resitting two assignments but the the other module is an exam - exams are not for me
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m studying law and it’s two modules I have failed, I am resitting two assignments but the the other module is an exam - exams are not for me

I think you should take the option to start in January. Use the time you have until that to go over the upcoming years material and familiarise yourself with what is to come. Exams are all about memorising and how great your memory is. Maybe doing this will help you be more successful in your exams. And also with assignments, look at the feedback and see where you are going wrong, you have time so make the most of it. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I am failing my degree and resitting two modules to go into BA course without hons, the thing is I would have to start third year in September which sucks becuse I have wasted five years of mt life for a degree

I could ask them to do a Jan course but I am losing hope

Anon,

Sorry to hear that things have been frustrating.

I guess it might be an idea to think about whether you still want to pursue this degree or whether you want to move on and do something else.

A degree is one option but it's not the only option! If you don't want to study anymore there's nothing wrong with that. It's better to stop walking in the wrong direction than to keep going and to get further away from where you need to be. It might be time to think about what it is that you want to do and whether a degree is the only way to fulfil that ambition.

You could continue with your degree in September or January and give yourself time to have a bit of a break and to reflect on what changes you want to make or need to make, to make things easier.

Whatever you choose, make sure you look after your health and general wellbeing. Don't be afraid to reach out to support services at your university.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

Five years is a long time. I believe you deserve a break.

Perhaps you could speak to your course director or your university's wellbeing and admissions team to hear from them what the best alternative would be.

Also remember to be honest with yourself. Are you enjoying your degree, can you imagine pursuing a career in this industry?

You can resume your studies in September or January. But please remember to prioritise your mental wellbeing.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending