The Student Room Group

English Language: Opening Article

Please could you give some feedback on how my article is going, I would really appreciate it. This is just the opening of my article. I have not finished the article, this is just the opening. Thank you!

‘Youngsters bring Shane to society!’
Write an article against this statement by also including lively language.

We bring shame to society, RUBBISH!

It’s a test given by society.

If we bring shame to society, does that mean you adults did to in the last? I mean we’re all young at one point so why not make the most of it. It is apart of growing up, relishing children being tested by society. It’s apart of life! Everyone has challenges at some point in their lives so why not face them? According to an expert scientist, Dr. Jimmy, there is an estimated guess on about 50 births every 10 hours. If we youngsters were such a ‘shame’, why keep breeding? It’s common sense!
Another point of youngsters bring ‘shame to society’ is ironically pointless. Who lived generations before us? Who brought us up? You, you parents have taught us what’s right and what’s wrong in the world. If you want someone to shame, shame the parents. Youngsters are just the photocopy of their parents but with a much better resolution.
(edited 2 years ago)
Tell me a bit more about how you will do damage control in the end. This is a great start to a article on the topic of shame but you really need to use lots of interesting and lively words in order to provoke reader emotion etc.
Discuss morals and ethics too. Focus more on a few good effective ways to induce guilt and shame. Explore the subject of community feelings and personal opinions. Talk about national serious issues like getting a abortion, murder and the law. Also mention youth and adult crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending