The Student Room Group

A level Chemistry Revision

Hi! I’m currently in Year 13 studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I love biology and I do really well most of the time in end of unit tests / mocks etc. Maths is a little harder but because I love the subject I am able to put in hours of work just doing questions etc. I hate Chemistry. Taking it at A Level is my biggest regret and I never get above D or E grades, it’s difficult and I am so uninterested in the subject. Honestly, I would be happy achieving just a C grade in my exams, what would be the most efficient way to revise for chem? I’m doing OCR and i’m on module 5 so nearly done the whole course and I really need to start actually revising for it.
Original post by toffeebunny3
Hi! I’m currently in Year 13 studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I love biology and I do really well most of the time in end of unit tests / mocks etc. Maths is a little harder but because I love the subject I am able to put in hours of work just doing questions etc. I hate Chemistry. Taking it at A Level is my biggest regret and I never get above D or E grades, it’s difficult and I am so uninterested in the subject. Honestly, I would be happy achieving just a C grade in my exams, what would be the most efficient way to revise for chem? I’m doing OCR and i’m on module 5 so nearly done the whole course and I really need to start actually revising for it.

Hi! Not an A-Level student but IB Chemistry HL. I find the most efficient way is learning the bare bones of content asap, then PAST PAPERS. PAST PAPERS. PAST PAPERS. Unlike biology, which is primarily memorisation, Chemistry is a bit more like maths; once you have learnt the theory, unless you know how to apply it it is useless. Maybe take some of the elements of your maths revision and integrate it into chemistry. Good luck : )

Quick Reply

Latest