The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Vs Strathclyde Vs Aberdeen for Law anyone ?

Hi am from England and want to apply for Law school.
I wanted to get an opinion of which course uni is better for Law of them ? I love Glasgow so a bit biased towards Strathclyde but I believe Dundee and Aberdeen have a higher reputation in general.
Please advise
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey man, hopefully, you're happy with the choice you made in the end. But:

I'd say of all those schools the University of Aberdeen is the best for law and in general. Being one of the 'ancient' Universities it has 525 years of history.
Rankings:
Consistently in the top 5-10 Nationally for Law
Consistently in the Top 20 Nationally. 140-180 Globally.
(QS, AWRU, THE, LEIDEN)

Consistently produces Lord Rectors and Lord Presidents, including the current Lord Rector. The most senior positions in the Scottish Legal system in the last 200 years.

Although, not to say Dundee and Strath are in any way behind. The difference is negligible but when considered Aberdeen does come out slightly on top in general.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Anonymous
Hey man, hopefully, you're happy with the choice you made in the end. But:

I'd say of all those schools the University of Aberdeen is the best for law and in general. Being one of the 'ancient' Universities it has 525 years of history.
Rankings:
Consistently in the top 5-10 Nationally for Law
Consistently in the Top 20 Nationally. 140-180 Globally.
(QS, AWRU, THE, LEIDEN)

Consistently produces Lord Rectors and Lord Presidents, including the current Lord Rector. The most senior positions in the Scottish Legal system in the last 200 years.

Although, not to say Dundee and Strath are in any way behind. The difference is negligible but when considered Aberdeen does come out slightly on top in general.

Thanks man. I got into Durham which I really wanted..I know Aberdeen is better but just that Dundee is a good town and near to ggow :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks man. I got into Durham which I really wanted..I know Aberdeen is better but just that Dundee is a good town and near to ggow :smile:

Yea I'm happy for you my man. There's not much loss between the two. There's no loss at all. But sometimes some cities just aren't right for you and that can sometimes be the most important thing to weigh in.
Good 4 U

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending