The Student Room Group

Are my chances good for Edinburgh law?

I’ve applied to LLB Law at Edinburgh, and the entry requirements are 5 Highers at AAAAA (preferably by the end of S5). I got AAAAB at S5, have a strong PS, have a reference from an MP and predicted AA at advanced Higher and AA at Higher this year. I know it’s extremely competitive, I guess i’m just looking for reassurance. I was rejected from Strathclyde but I have two unconditions from Aberdeen and Dundee and am awaiting Glasgow and Edinburgh. Any advice?
Edinburgh tend to favour contextual students, so if you’re contextual, you have a good chance. If not then I suppose anything could happen but it is less likely.
Reply 2
Original post by samuelsheridan9
Edinburgh tend to favour contextual students, so if you’re contextual, you have a good chance. If not then I suppose anything could happen but it is less likely.

Ahhh, i’m not. I’ll just hope that Glasgow accept me lol. Thank you :smile:
Original post by samuelsheridan9

Hello there !

Who’s a contextual student?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 4
Original post by Harvey Specter!
Hello there !
Who’s a contextual student?
Thanks in advance!

Hey, a contextual student is someone who’s recognised as having circumstances which impact your education/grades. For example, if you live in a deprived area, if you’re a young carer, if you have a disability/mental health issues, if you have a low household income etc. It means that people who have had a difficult academic experience are still given the same opportunities as everyone else :smile:
Original post by mccannr18
Hey, a contextual student is someone who’s recognised as having circumstances which impact your education/grades. For example, if you live in a deprived area, if you’re a young carer, if you have a disability/mental health issues, if you have a low household income etc. It means that people who have had a difficult academic experience are still given the same opportunities as everyone else :smile:

Ah! Got it
Reply 6
I’ve applied to LLB Law at Edinburgh, and the entry requirements are 5 Highers at AAAAA (preferably by the end of S5). I got AAAAB at S5, have a strong PS, have a reference from an MP and predicted AA at advanced Higher and AA at Higher this year. I know it’s extremely competitive, I guess i’m just looking for reassurance. I was rejected from Strathclyde but I have two unconditions from Aberdeen and Dundee and am awaiting Glasgow and Edinburgh. Any advice?

I got the same grades and was also rejected from Strath, I received a rejection from Glasgow tonight. Have you heard back?
Reply 7
Original post by ailism
I got the same grades and was also rejected from Strath, I received a rejection from Glasgow tonight. Have you heard back?

I’m so sorry to hear that! I was also rejected from Strathclyde, however I was offered a conditional place at Glasgow.
Reply 8
I’m so sorry to hear that! I was also rejected from Strathclyde, however I was offered a conditional place at Glasgow.

I didn't expect to get in, so it's okay! Well done, though, that's really impressive!! :smile:
Original post by ailism

we’re you contextual?
Reply 10
Original post by anonymous8876
we’re you contextual?

I was non contextual! 🥲

I got unconditionals for Aberdeen and Stirling but got rejected from Strathclyde too but I received an unconditional offer for law at Edinburgh on the 27th of March (Wednesday) even though I applied all the way in November and had almost lost hope. Based off of your stats your chance is fairly high (especially if you are contextual) and you've already been accepted into two great uni's so wherever you end up going won't affect how good you will be at your degree.
Reply 12
Original post by Divine133
I got unconditionals for Aberdeen and Stirling but got rejected from Strathclyde too but I received an unconditional offer for law at Edinburgh on the 27th of March (Wednesday) even though I applied all the way in November and had almost lost hope. Based off of your stats your chance is fairly high (especially if you are contextual) and you've already been accepted into two great uni's so wherever you end up going won't affect how good you will be at your degree.

Were you contextual, and what were your grades last year? x
Original post by ailism1
Were you contextual, and what were your grades last year? x

I'm contextual and got all As for my highers last year and was predicted all As for the two advanced highers and two highers I'm taking this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending