The Student Room Group

UWS PGDE Interview Presentation

Hello! I’ve been invited to an interview for PDGE (English) at UWS Ayr campus. We are required to do a 5 minute presentation on a subject of our choice, the guidance we’ve been given is…

“Please select a topic about which you feel passionate and able to convey your enthusiasm to others. Please do not present your topic on your chosen secondary subject.
You should also have sufficient depth of knowledge to answer brief questions from the audience. Be prepared to question other speakers too”

I’m just wondering if anyone else has been to an interview similar to this, and what subject area did you choose to present on. Thanks in advance🙂
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee, UWS and UHI. I have the academic requirements (non-honours degree), I’m currently completing my bachelor in social sciences. I’ve been rejected from Aberdeen and Strathclyde due to my interview, I have an interview for Dundee that doesn’t have a date.
I’ve heard nothing from the other two at all, has anyone had the same?
A bit disheartened since there’s been no good news at all.
Reply 2
when did you apply? i have 2 interviews lined up for UWS and Edinburgh (and an offer from Edinburgh Napier) but haven’t heard anything yet from Strathclyde or Glasgow.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by caseybrowwnn
when did you apply? i have 2 interviews lined up for UWS and Edinburgh (and an offer from Edinburgh Napier) but haven’t heard anything yet from Strathclyde or Glasgow.

I applied mid December and had my Glasgow interview on the 30th of Jan after hearing from them on the 15th Jan. Still had nothing from UWS though :frown:(
Reply 4
Original post by ndmryflrnc
I applied mid December and had my Glasgow interview on the 30th of Jan after hearing from them on the 15th Jan. Still had nothing from UWS though :frown:(

I’m not sure how they sort through the applications to be honest, i applied on the 18th of Jan and heard back from UWS on the 19th. My interview is the 27th of Feb.
Reply 5
Original post by caseybrowwnn
I’m not sure how they sort through the applications to be honest, i applied on the 18th of Jan and heard back from UWS on the 19th. My interview is the 27th of Feb.

This is also my date as well! Have you received the email with the guidance? Nothing has shown up on UCAS or my email about how to prepare..
Reply 6
Hi! I got my interview date through (the 16th) but haven’t had any info regarding the presentation. Can anyone advise as to when that might show up? I’m going to draft one regardless based on the fact that I know one is necessary, but was just wondering when I might officially hear what the stipulations are?
Reply 7
Original post by ndmryflrnc
Hi! I got my interview date through (the 16th) but haven’t had any info regarding the presentation. Can anyone advise as to when that might show up? I’m going to draft one regardless based on the fact that I know one is necessary, but was just wondering when I might officially hear what the stipulations are?

Mines is the same, albeit it is the 27th. Its strange they havent emailed anyone about it? Ive checked my junk and all.
Reply 8
My interview is tomorrow and I've still had absolutely nothing through regarding any kind of presentation. I've made a rough one just in case but abso no idea if it's necessary at all!

I'm interviewing for Art and Design so I'm not sure if the stipulations are different for different courses!

Good luck to all!
Reply 9
I’ve just finished my presentation and interview today. How did you all find it? And how soon after did you hear if you got an offer or rejection? X
Original post by Mhazelcl
I’ve just finished my presentation and interview today. How did you all find it? And how soon after did you hear if you got an offer or rejection? X
I did mine on the 27th and got an offer by the Friday. The girl that was in my interview also got hers then too! They seem to be quick at getting back! Hope you hear back soon :smile:
Original post by freckbecca
I did mine on the 27th and got an offer by the Friday. The girl that was in my interview also got hers then too! They seem to be quick at getting back! Hope you hear back soon :smile:
Thanks so much for replying! What subject is yours in? Mine was biology! Xx
I got a conditional offer dependent on me sending my certificates! X has anyone set up a group for secondary Pgde at uws

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending