The Student Room Group

2024 Entry- Primary Education Undergraduate

Hi all,

I've applied to Primary Teaching at Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow(Meduc), and Stirling (twice, inclusive practice and literacy). I'm wondering if anyone received offers for these courses last year and could let me know when they got these offers? I've already done my interview for Aberdeen and have interviews for Glasgow and Dundee next year.

Thanks!
(edited 4 months ago)
Hi Holly. I have also applied for this year so would be interested in the same information. Got an interview for Dundee too. Hope we hear more details soon.
Reply 2
Original post by Carlaprimaryed
Hi Holly. I have also applied for this year so would be interested in the same information. Got an interview for Dundee too. Hope we hear more details soon.

Ahh amazing. I've got my Dundee Interview next week, good luck on yours!
Original post by holly0123
Hi all,

I've applied to Primary Teaching at Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow(Meduc), and Stirling (twice, inclusive practice and literacy). I'm wondering if anyone received offers for these courses last year and could let me know when they got these offers? I've already done my interview for Aberdeen and have interviews for Glasgow and Dundee next year.

Thanks!

Hi! I have applied for primary teaching at Aberdeen and Stirling this year too. when I applied last year, most unis got back to me April time, might have been a bit later since i was s5 at the time. But definitely do not stress yourself about them, they take longer than most other courses and it can be really stressful everyone else hearing back and you not. Quick Question any advice on the Aberdeen interviews, the question about why you want to teach in scotland is difficult haha!
Reply 4
Original post by nicoleprimaryed
Hi! I have applied for primary teaching at Aberdeen and Stirling this year too. when I applied last year, most unis got back to me April time, might have been a bit later since i was s5 at the time. But definitely do not stress yourself about them, they take longer than most other courses and it can be really stressful everyone else hearing back and you not. Quick Question any advice on the Aberdeen interviews, the question about why you want to teach in scotland is difficult haha!
Sorry if this reply is too late, I got locked out of my account for a little while!

Thanks for you advice😊 I now have an unconditional for both Aberdeen and Dundee so I think the waiting time really does vary for everyone haha!
Don't overthink the interview questions, speak from the heart, use examples from work experience/volunteering and let your passion shine through.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine!
Original post by holly0123
Sorry if this reply is too late, I got locked out of my account for a little while!

Thanks for you advice😊 I now have an unconditional for both Aberdeen and Dundee so I think the waiting time really does vary for everyone haha!
Don't overthink the interview questions, speak from the heart, use examples from work experience/volunteering and let your passion shine through.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine!

Cingratulations Holly. I didn't get into Dundee. Keeping my fingers crossed for Stirling, QMU and Glasgow. Have you heard from anywhere else yet? How did you get on Nicola?
Original post by Carlaprimaryed
Cingratulations Holly. I didn't get into Dundee. Keeping my fingers crossed for Stirling, QMU and Glasgow. Have you heard from anywhere else yet? How did you get on Nicola?
Got offers from Aberdeen and Strathclyde Stirling is my preferred so still waiting for them 🙂 !
Original post by nicoleprimaryed
Got offers from Aberdeen and Strathclyde Stirling is my preferred so still waiting for them 🙂 !

That's brilliant. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we hear soon.
hey holly! i’ve applied to dundee, aberdeen, glasgow, strathclyde and qmu. i’ve got two conditionals for aberdeen and dundee. QMU emailed me today and said that they couldn’t put me on my chosen course…so now they’ve offered me an unconditional for the BA in education studies. which is weird because it’s not even that similar to my chosen course. i know some other candidates had this issue but I wanted to see if anyone else got that same email :smile: well done on your offers though! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending