The Student Room Group

Film EPQ questions - Quentin Tarantino

Hi all, I am about to peruse writing my EPQ in two weeks and am struggling with how to word the question, am looking for it to be about Quentin Tarantino and his films but cannot think of good wording. Can anyone who has done/is doing an Extended Project, or if you just like film/Tarantino help please… Thankyou
Reply 1
hello I’ve done my epq,I can try and help?
Quentin tarantino films are amazing. My fave are kill bill 2, pulp fiction, once upon a time in hollywood, django unchained, deathproof.

The things I like at the conversational pieces in a good quentin film. Like Mia wallace and vincent vegas conversation in jack rabbit slims/ or the part where Jackson/travolta are talking to the guys who are to get shot about the metric system and the tasty burger.
Kill Bill2 and Elle and her one thing is regret. Or the girls talking on deathproof at the restaturant.
Its those conversations which draws the viewer into the movie even more and make it even more iconic.

Not only that you also have links too between the movies
https://screenrant.com/quentin-tarantino-movie-connections-shared-universe/

Au reviour Shoshanna :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by 07.aa
hello I’ve done my epq,I can try and help?

Hey! My question at the moment is: analyse how Quentin Tarantino uses stylised violence in his films.

But I’m unsure as to if that will be okay like do you have to have a debate in it to gather research for it like through questionares and stuff so does it need to be more of a question

Because I could add onto the question ‘and how it affects the audience’
As then I could ask people and stuff but I’m just a bit unsure as to how to go at it
Reply 4
Original post by Ghostlady
Quentin tarantino films are amazing. My fave are kill bill 2, pulp fiction, once upon a time in hollywood, django unchained, deathproof.

The things I like at the conversational pieces in a good quentin film. Like Mia wallace and vincent vegas conversation in jack rabbit slims/ or the part where Jackson/travolta are talking to the guys who are to get shot about the metric system and the tasty burger.
Kill Bill2 and Elle and her one thing is regret. Or the girls talking on deathproof at the restaturant.
Its those conversations which draws the viewer into the movie even more and make it even more iconic.

Not only that you also have links too between the movies
https://screenrant.com/quentin-tarantino-movie-connections-shared-universe/

Au reviour Shoshanna :smile:

Thankyou I will look into all this to add to my essay
Reply 5
Original post by ells.e
Hey! My question at the moment is: analyse how Quentin Tarantino uses stylised violence in his films.

But I’m unsure as to if that will be okay like do you have to have a debate in it to gather research for it like through questionares and stuff so does it need to be more of a question

Because I could add onto the question ‘and how it affects the audience’
As then I could ask people and stuff but I’m just a bit unsure as to how to go at it

My question was:To what extent is the consumption of true crime as a form of entertainment damaging to the consumer?
I think adding how it affects the audience would be good as you could look at e.g. different themes and then the dissertation becomes very well rounded.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest