The Student Room Group

EPQ Dilemma

I've just signed up to do an EPQ (I'm in year 12) and am stumped between two ideas, one of which fits my future goals more exactly but the other I have a more genuine passion for and really want to do (lol). My first option is something to do with Greek Mythology (probably either focusing on the development of myths through revisions or different portrayals of specific characters in different myths and how they align) and my second option (which I am aware is less traditionally academic) is on William Finn's Marvin Trilogy of musicals (either on how representation of women, religion or homosexuality throughout revisions and revivals).
Essentially, I just wanted outside opinions on whether they're both even doable to begin with and whether I should go with the one that technically makes more sense or the one I genuinely want to research and write about.
Thanks (sorry for the ramble)
Original post by ch4rleezz
I've just signed up to do an EPQ (I'm in year 12) and am stumped between two ideas, one of which fits my future goals more exactly but the other I have a more genuine passion for and really want to do (lol). My first option is something to do with Greek Mythology (probably either focusing on the development of myths through revisions or different portrayals of specific characters in different myths and how they align) and my second option (which I am aware is less traditionally academic) is on William Finn's Marvin Trilogy of musicals (either on how representation of women, religion or homosexuality throughout revisions and revivals).
Essentially, I just wanted outside opinions on whether they're both even doable to begin with and whether I should go with the one that technically makes more sense or the one I genuinely want to research and write about.

Hi! Whilst I don't know much about those two topics or how easily they could be researched, from personal experience I recommend doing something you are genuinely interested in. The main thing you gain from an EPQ is not the specific subject knowledge but the transferrable skills of essay writing, time management, university level research, and presentation. Therefore, you are likely to benefit more from picking a topic you are willing to put the time and effort into developing these skills with.
-Kat (2nd year psychology undergrad at Lancaster University)
Reply 2
Original post by ch4rleezz

I’m in Year 13 and my EPQ is on the influence of Greek Mythology on popular culture- so I’ve been researching different characters/myths and how they’re portrayed in modern books, shows and films. Feel free to ask me any questions about it, but there is definitely enough information to do it on the topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending