The Student Room Group

grow your grades 2023!!!!

Current predicted grades for A-levels (yr13)

Politics: A

Film studies: A

English Literature: B

EPQ: A

Grades I would like to achieve in 2024:

Politics A*

English Literature: A

My plan is to do 2 hrs revision a day after school, apart from tuesdays. I will have Weekends off to do no work at all as a nice way of relaxing. My focus is my grades and hopefully I can get into the University of Nottingham!! That's the dream. I am looking foreward to this journey.

(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rowan_willow

Politics A*

My plan is to do 2 hrs revision a day after school, apart from tuesdays. I will have Weekends off to do no work at all as a nice way of relaxing. My focus is my grades and hopefully I can get into the University of Nottingham!! That's the dream. I am looking foreward to this journey.

@rowan_willow you can do it - i believe in you! just watched your thread :smile:! i also have a gyg forum if you want to stay on track with my journey - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404622
Original post by erin11
current predicted grades (y13):

Politics: B

History: B

French: B

EPQ: not given one

grades I'd like to achieve in 2024:

Politics: A/A*

History: A

French: A

EPQ: A/A*

@erin11 start a gyg forum and tag me with the link - i would love to stay updated with your journey!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7411798&p=98888360#post98888360 :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
@erin11 start a gyg forum and tag me with the link - i would love to stay updated with your journey!
Reply 4
All the EPQ Work has been going crazyyyyy hopefully once this is done getting onto revision will be easier (My epq deadline is before christmas :smile: )

Politics A*

Reply 5
Omg!! hope it all goes well for you <33333
@rowan_willow you can do it - i believe in you! just watched your thread :smile:! i also have a gyg forum if you want to stay on track with my journey - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404622
Reply 6

Politics A*

Getting way back into it after the crazy week!
So here is week 5 :3

Homework set:
I have been told to watch a Documentary on how Biden is reshaping the courts, this isn't graded but still interesting.

Deadlines:
No deadlines this week, however, I am preparing for a TON of deadlines next week
Monday: EPQ presentation, so far I have made the PowerPoint and I just need to format it and write my cue cards.
Friday: My 2500-word English coursework is due, I haven't started yet (I have only done 300 ish words, but I am doing around 300 words a day)
Also Friday: My whole UCAS form is due in to prepare for an exit interview so I have to finish my second draft of my personal statement.

My mocks are in about 80 days (not sure of the exact date) So now I am properly starting revision, from next week once all my deadlines are finally over, I will write one essay per subject per week in preparation. We will see how this goes!!!

Good luck everyone and I hope everyone has a lovely week ❤️

Homework set:
I have been told to watch a Documentary on how Biden is reshaping the courts, this isn't graded but still interesting.

Deadlines:
No deadlines this week, however, I am preparing for a TON of deadlines next week
Monday: EPQ presentation, so far I have made the PowerPoint and I just need to format it and write my cue cards.
Friday: My 2500-word English coursework is due, I haven't started yet (I have only done 300 ish words, but I am doing around 300 words a day)
Also Friday: My whole UCAS form is due in to prepare for an exit interview so I have to finish my second draft of my personal statement.

My mocks are in about 80 days (not sure of the exact date) So now I am properly starting revision, from next week once all my deadlines are finally over, I will write one essay per subject per week in preparation. We will see how this goes!!!

thank you - i like this mocks structure :smile:!
Reply 8
thank you - i like this mocks structure :smile:!

Thanks! As I mainly take essay subjects I figured it would make sense to practice writing

Homework set:

Deadlines:

ooo let me know if the documentary is interesting!!! good luck for your EPQ presentation, you'll smash it 😀

Politics A*

Week six:

This is a crazy chaotic week but hey, we will get through it!

I've been given back two politics essays, I got A's in both which is good, but I am aiming for an A*, which is so annoying!! I feel like I just can't get over the bite point but eventually, I will get there I'm sure.

I have my EPQ Presentation in about 2 hours, I feel prepared and ready to go :3

I've been given a bit of feedback on my English coursework but to be honest, I'm very behind, I have another 1,200 ish words to go, I will make it but esh it's tough.

I am kind of putting my UCAS application off until Thursday (my deadline is on Friday) So I will have it in by Thursday evening.

Homework:

Politics:

How Biden is reshaping the courts: Due 17th November

Politics essay - Evaluate the view that Congress is unrepresentative of the American people (30 mark): Due 17th November

Film Studies:

Critical Debates: Andre Bazin on realism / expressionism: Due 21st November

How far does ‘Mustang’ reflect its political and social context?: Due 16th November

English Literature:

Write an essay question and then write the actual essay: Due 14th November

Re-read Othello and write a summery of each act, link to themes of love: Due 17th November

Outside of school I have some exciting news! I've been given a job interview to my fave cafe so I may FINALLY be quitting mcdonalds and the hell pit it is.

Anyway, I will try to update more this week as I need support to get through this :,)

Have a lovely day, and I hope you are all doing well,

Rowan <3333
Hey! Well done with your essay results - it's early days so definitely plenty of time to improve but sounds like you're totally on the right track.

How did your EPQ presentation go? And well done on getting an interview for the cafe, fingers crossed for you!
Original post by Pwca
Hey! Well done with your essay results - it's early days so definitely plenty of time to improve but sounds like you're totally on the right track.

How did your EPQ presentation go? And well done on getting an interview for the cafe, fingers crossed for you!

Thank you!!

EPQ went great, my teacher said it was really good so I'm happy with that :biggrin:

Politics A*

Tuesday of week six!

So I have done roughly 1,200 words of my 2,500-word essay. I am aiming to have done 2000 by the end of today (we will see how that goes lmao) And hopefully I will do my wider reading tonight too, but hey not too much pressure.

We've been given a pretty annoying seating plan in film studies which put a downer on my mood, but every day is a fresh slate!!!

How is everyone else doing with their week? Also I wanna hear!! fave song atm? Mine is Wildest Dreams TV :333

Anyway,

Happy Tuesday :biggrin:
(edited 5 months ago)
Tuesday of week six!

So I have done roughly 1,200 words of my 2,500-word essay. I am aiming to have done 2000 by the end of today (we will see how that goes lmao) And hopefully I will do my wider reading tonight too, but hey not too much pressure.

We've been given a pretty annoying seating plan in the film which put a downer on my mood, but every day is a fresh slate!!!

How is everyone else doing with their week? Also I wanna hear!! fave song atm? Mine is Wildest Dreams TV :333

Anyway,

Happy Tuesday :biggrin:

good luck with your essay!

i'm not sure i have a favourite song because i truly can't pick one, but at the moment, fever by peggy lee has been stuck in my head. i love the oldish jazz vibes i get from it
Original post by oliviapope1
good luck with your essay!

i'm not sure i have a favourite song because i truly can't pick one, but at the moment, fever by peggy lee has been stuck in my head. i love the oldish jazz vibes i get from it

I haven't heard it but I will listen out!

Politics A*

Wednesday week six:

Gonna be honest, getting to 2000 words was an unrealistic target for last night, but hey I am at 1500, so its a start.

I've got a driving lesson today which should be good,

Anyway here is my Homework:

Film

Mustang essay

Divining the real: the leaps of faith in André Bazin’s film criticism

Politics

How Biden is reshaping the courts

Judicial review notes section

Politics essay

English Literature

Re-read othello

Make notes on key events in Othello

English essay

And my personal statement!

This week is almost over!!!

Hope everyones day is good :biggrin:
Wednesday week six:

Gonna be honest, getting to 2000 words was an unrealistic target for last night, but hey I am at 1500, so its a start.

I've got a driving lesson today which should be good,

Anyway here is my Homework:

Film

Mustang essay

Politics

Politics essay

English Literature

Re-read othello

English essay

And my personal statement!

This week is almost over!!!

Hope everyones day is good :biggrin:

I think we can round up 1500 to 2000 :lol:

Well done!
Original post by Evil Homer
I think we can round up 1500 to 2000 :lol:

Well done!

hahah thank you!!

:smile:
Thursday of week six:

I did my job interview today! I think it went well, the cafe is adorable and there's an awesome dog who works there too. Fingers crossed <3

so back to Homework:

Film

Mustang essay

Politics

Politics essay

English Literature

Re-read othello

English essay

Other:

Complete english NEA

Finish my UCAS application

Plans for the rest of today:

Sumbit my UCAS!!!

Completely finish english nea

See christmas light switch on

I will let you know if I get this all done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending