The Student Room Group

I’m in year 10 and want to do math GCSEs

Hi I was in set 1 for the whole of year 7-9 and they moved me down and I want to do my GCSEs now so I don’t have a lot of stress with maths . Is it possible ? As I can’t move back up to set 1 and I’m really sad but I want to do my math GCSEs now
Maths gcse is not an option when you are choosing your subjects. It is something that everyone has to do. Sets do not matter, they are simply smaller classes where the teacher can help on a more 1 on 1 bases. Even if you’re in set 2 you still have a chance of doing a higher paper.
Original post by Captainp123
Hi I was in set 1 for the whole of year 7-9 and they moved me down and I want to do my GCSEs now so I don’t have a lot of stress with maths . Is it possible ? As I can’t move back up to set 1 and I’m really sad but I want to do my math GCSEs now

You won't be allowed to take maths GCSE in November so will have to wait until summer 2023
Original post by Captainp123

Talk to your parents and see if you can apply as a private candidate (I think that's what it's called), you'll do it at a centre or another school, and you'll have to pay though. Or see if you can get your parents to ask the school if they can move you back up to set 1, especially if they had no/little reason moving u down to set 2. I had a similar issue with wanting to do Further Maths at GCSE, getting your parents involved usually seems to work lol.
Thanks everyone i asked another question on my profile can you view it

Quick Reply

Latest