The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official Imperial Postgraduate 2023 Applicants Thread

Hello,

I've created this thread for 2 reasons:
1) For applicants to gauge the different stages of the status of their application with others - (Feedback).
2) For applicants to speak with other applicants - (Read who is going).

For your first post, please follow the schema below:

For 2023 intake:

- Current/Previous University:
- Current/Previous Course:
- Achieved/Expected Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Current/Previous Experience:
- Other Universities you’re applying to:

If you have received an interview invite / outcome, please also share the timeline:

- Completed application (including references and supporting doc) on:
- Contacted for interview on (if any):
- Interview date (if any):
- Outcome date:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll go first.

For 2023 intake:
- Current/Previous University: Heriot Watt University
- Current/Previous Course: BSc Computer Science
- Achieved/Expected Grade: 2.1 '21
- Prospective Course: MSc Financial Technology / MSc Risk Management and Financial Engineering
- Current/Previous Experience: Graduate Software Engineer in Edinburgh.
- Other Universities you’re applying to: UCL, York, and LBS

- Completed application (including references and supporting doc) on: NA
- Contacted for interview on (if any): NA
- Interview date (if any): NA
- Outcome date: NA
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hey, there do you have any idea how long do they take to let us know if are accepted for an interview process or if we are rejected?
Original post by FinTechDLT
Hello,

I've created this thread for 2 reasons:
1) For applicants to gauge the different stages of the status of their application with others - (Feedback).
2) For applicants to speak with other applicants - (Read who is going).

For your first post, please follow the schema below:

For 2023 intake:

- Current/Previous University:
- Current/Previous Course:
- Achieved/Expected Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Current/Previous Experience:
- Other Universities you’re applying to:

If you have received an interview invite / outcome, please also share the timeline:

- Completed application (including references and supporting doc) on:
- Contacted for interview on (if any):
- Interview date (if any):
- Outcome date:

For 2023 intake:

- Current/Previous University: NMIMS University, Mumbai
- Current/Previous Course: Bpharm+MBA pharmatech (integrated 5 year degree)
- Achieved/Expected Grade: 8.48 cgpa
- Prospective Course: MSc Strategic Marketing
- Current/Previous Experience: Corporate affairs intern, AstraZeneca
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Uni of Edinburgh, UoM, Warwick, Cranfield, liverpool

- Completed application (including references and supporting doc) on: last reference submitted on 29th September, 2023.
Reply 4
From the "Mastering you Msc" event they hosted last week, we should hear back within 8 - 12 weeks.
Original post by LakshmiC
Hey, there do you have any idea how long do they take to let us know if are accepted for an interview process or if we are rejected?
An update I got an interview call on 4th Nov, and I completed it on 6th now waiting for the outcome. Super nervous!! I emailed them, they replied saying it will take them few weeks to get back. But on the other forum i saw people getting acceptance and decisions within 10 days after the interview. How about you?
(edited 1 year ago)
I completed my interview in late October. I emailed the college and was advised that it would take 8-12 weeks for an outcome. It has been 10 weeks so far. Perhaps the speed of offers being made is course dependent?
This makes sense. I saw all the finance and accounting people getting the response faster. The marketing department might take some time then.
Reply 8
This makes sense. I saw all the finance and accounting people getting the response faster. The marketing department might take some time then.

Hey! Applying for the same course. I submitted the app on 3/11/22, got interview call on 5/11/22 and completed the interview on 8/11/22. Awaiting response.
omg! all the best!! Where are you from? I got an interview invitation on 4th and completed my interview on the 6th of Nov. Hoping to hear back from them now.

Original post by sakkoh
Hey! Applying for the same course. I submitted the app on 3/11/22, got interview call on 5/11/22 and completed the interview on 8/11/22. Awaiting response.
Reply 10
Same course! I submitted my application on 10th Oct and all the references were sent the next day. I received the interview call on12th Oct and finished it on 16th Oct. But until now I am still waiting for the outcome… Soooo nervous!
Original post by Nawww
Same course! I submitted my application on 10th Oct and all the references were sent the next day. I received the interview call on12th Oct and finished it on 16th Oct. But until now I am still waiting for the outcome… Soooo nervous!

woah! I had submitted my app around 29th sept and they literally took a whole month to invite me over for an interview.
Reply 12
woah! I had submitted my app around 29th sept and they literally took a whole month to invite me over for an interview.

Don’t worry. It seems like it hasn’t begun the application processing until Oct, I also know some people who applied in Aug but they also received the interview in Oct or Nov.
Original post by Nawww
Don’t worry. It seems like it hasn’t begun the application processing until Oct, I also know some people who applied in Aug but they also received the interview in Oct or Nov.

Yeah, fingers crossed anyway!~ Good luck :smile: lemme know if you get any response~ Which other unis did you apply to?
Reply 14
Yeah, fingers crossed anyway!~ Good luck :smile: lemme know if you get any response~ Which other unis did you apply to?

Sure! Good luck for you too! I also applied for LSE(wl) Warwick(rej) UCL(actually not yet applied) Edinburgh Manchester…
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Nawww
Sure! Good luck for you too! I also applied for LSE(wl) Warwick(rej) UCL(actually not yet applied) Edinburgh Manchester…

Alright, I haven't heard back from warwick, manchester and edinburgh yet.
Hey everyone!

For 2023 intake:

- Current/Previous University: Universiti Malaya
- Current/Previous Course: B.Sc Environmental Management
- Achieved/Expected Grade: 3.88/4.00
- Prospective Course: MRes Ecology, Evolution & Conservation
- Current/Previous Experience: Internship at an international research centre
- Other Universities you’re applying to: none atm

Looking forward to seeing more people looking to enter the Silwood Park campus!
For 2023 intake:
- Current/Previous University: Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- Current/Previous Course: Computer Engineering
- Achieved/Expected Grade: 3.96/4.00
- Prospective Course: MSc Advanced Computing
- Current/Previous Experience: 2 data scientist internships (2 months each), 1 machine learning engineer internship (4 months), and currently a full-time data scientist at a bank (now 3 months), 2 machine learning projects during undergrad working with King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Cambridge

I deferred the offer from 2022 academic year, so hope to see you guys. !!
(edited 1 year ago)
For 2023 intake:

- Other Universities you’re applying to: Uni of Edinburgh, UoM, Warwick, Cranfield, liverpool

- Completed application (including references and supporting doc) on: last reference submitted on 29th September, 2023.

UPDATE:
For 2023 intake:

- Contacted for interview on (if any): 4th Nov
- Interview date (if any): 6th Nov
- Outcome date: 30th Nov (offer received)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by luluubu
Hey everyone!

For 2023 intake:

- Current/Previous University: Universiti Malaya
- Current/Previous Course: B.Sc Environmental Management
- Achieved/Expected Grade: 3.88/4.00
- Prospective Course: MRes Ecology, Evolution & Conservation
- Current/Previous Experience: Internship at an international research centre
- Other Universities you’re applying to: none atm

Looking forward to seeing more people looking to enter the Silwood Park campus!

any updates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending