The Student Room Group

do you need to be formal in your DT NEA?

I'm currently doing my NEA for AQA GCSE DT, and was just wondering if I'd be marked down for being sarcastic or informal in any way. it's kind of a stupid question but I was just a bit worried :confused:
Hey there, I have done both the GCSE and A Level NEA before and I used a formal tone.

I wouldn't think that you will get marked down for such language uses, as long as you communicate your design clearly.
However, if I were you, I would try to avoid thes as much as possible as I don't see why it would be beneficial to your score.
Still if you were to use it, I would suggest to use it wisely (not excessive). Considering that examinars read a lot of NEAs, maybe tricks like this would help touch up your presentation, who knows :rolleyes:

Finally, content and quality of work is way more important than your tone :wink:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
thank you for the response!!!

i'll make sure to keep a suitable tone for my slides

have a nice day/night (:
Original post by poosaie
thank you for the response!!!

i'll make sure to keep a suitable tone for my slides

have a nice day/night (:

how’d it go??!
Reply 4
Original post by reuben hamlin
how’d it go??!

well i got 79, i didn't put that much effort into my product tbh :rolleyes:
Original post by poosaie

well done! i got mine back too
Reply 6
Original post by reuben hamlin
well done! i got mine back too

how did you do?
Original post by poosaie
how did you do?

97/100 !
Original post by poosaie

That's still really good! I got 91 :biggrin:
Reply 9
DAMN well done both of you!!! :biggrin: are you guys thinking of doing dt a level then?
Original post by poosaie
DAMN well done both of you!!! :biggrin: are you guys thinking of doing dt a level then?

Thanks! Unfortunately no, I am not going to be doing DT for A-Level, though it would be fun!
Original post by poosaie

i am yes! product design
Original post by poosaie

heyy I know this is like a year later but around what time of the year did you get your grade back for ur nea?
Reply 13
Original post by doughnutsareslay
heyy I know this is like a year later but around what time of the year did you get your grade back for ur nea?

hello, i got it emailed to me during late april (20th april to be exact lmao)
Original post by poosaie
hello, i got it emailed to me during late april (20th april to be exact lmao)

Oooo okay okay haha, Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest