The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Edinburgh for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

Offer spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ep8EPig2INWuWV77v7pM9L1nlgNiasKeJmjSip3yWIc/htmlview
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzyx24
hi!
my name is izzy and i’m applying to astrophysics, i’m currently studying physics, maths, geography and english lit.

Hi Izzy! Good luck with your application - how are you getting on with it?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
International student. Applied for computer Science & Math.

Applied to KCL, LSE, Warwick, Manchester
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I’m applying for ancient history with achieved grades A*A*A and i’m currently taking another A Level in my gap year.Also applied to Manchester, Liverpool, and Bristol (received offers) and Glasgow (still waiting for a response).Submitted on 3rd October. Good luck everyone!
Hello!

I'm doing an Access course at Uni of Glasgow an I have applied for Film + Television at Uni of Edinburgh (and Glasgow too)
Hey there,
I am Lakshmi, and I applied for the MSc Marketing course at the University of Edinburgh.

I applied in the last week of September and haven't heard back from them yet. I saw on youtube that some people who applied for masters specifically in marketing have started getting some sort of response from the university, I am kinda worried now.

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Edinburgh for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
Reply 6
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi Izzy! Good luck with your application - how are you getting on with it?

I applied on 14th October and so far I have just heard back from york, where i got an interview
Which course you applied for?
Reply 8
Astrophysics:smile:
Original post by izzyx24
I applied on 14th October and so far I have just heard back from york, where i got an interview

Congratulations and good luck for your York interview! :woo:
Heyy, so I am an OxBridge applicant and still have time to swap out unis. Thinking of choosing Edinburgh over Durham 😊
I am applying for linguistics with A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Chinese. Currently in my gap year, just chilling out and studying nothing. :smile:
Original post by Spilerrrrrr
I'm applying for Social anthropology and archaeology with predictions of A*A*A* in English Literature, Classics and history of Art. I'm really worried about Edinburgh because my PS only concerned anthropology and I had to send a separate archaeology one :frown:.

I'm also applying to LSE, UCL, Durham and Sussex (offer!).

Applied in mid September:smile:.

I've also applied for archaeology (just archaeology, not anthropology)! I'm studying classics, Latin and early modern history, with an EPQ. I'm sure you're personal statement is fine, and I hope you get in! I also applied to Cambridge, Durham, York and Southampton. No offers yet though :frown:
Hi! I'm Lucy and applying to Edinburgh for ecological and environmental sciences. I'm also thinking of applying to Bristol, Glasgow, Southampton and Exeter for other biological science degrees :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by pangolin :)
I've also applied for archaeology (just archaeology, not anthropology)! I'm studying classics, Latin and early modern history, with an EPQ. I'm sure you're personal statement is fine, and I hope you get in! I also applied to Cambridge, Durham, York and Southampton. No offers yet though :frown:

Ahh good luck!! I hope you get an offer too. It's such a pretty city. And props to you for actually surviving an EPQ -- I dropped mine teehee. I'm sure you'll hear back soonish. It's criminal how long the wait can be, especially when applying early. I've heard the Cambridge course is great and very broad :smile:.
Ahh good luck!! I hope you get an offer too. It's such a pretty city. And props to you for actually surviving an EPQ -- I dropped mine teehee. I'm sure you'll hear back soonish. It's criminal how long the wait can be, especially when applying early. I've heard the Cambridge course is great and very broad :smile:.

I've honestly been so close to dropping my EPQ so many times. The only reason I'm still doing it is I've put it on my personal statement, so I've got to carry on now!
Applied (today) for Russian and Politics. I hear with Edinburgh we're in for a long wait!
I'm applying for Social anthropology and archaeology with predictions of A*A*A* in English Literature, Classics and history of Art. I'm really worried about Edinburgh because my PS only concerned anthropology and I had to send a separate archaeology one :frown:.

I'm also applying to LSE, UCL, Durham and Sussex (offer!).

Applied in mid September:smile:.

you can send 2 ps?
not via UCAS you cant.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hii I am applying for History and politics!
As of right now I am studying Classics, Business, Religious studies and Biology
I'm also applying to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Stirling and St Andrews
Edin is my top choice, if anyone would like to be friends or anything feel free to message!! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending