The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Official Edinburgh Napier University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Edinburgh Napier University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Edinburgh Napier University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Don't know if I can be useful for any potential students looking at doing midwifery at Napier university as ex student midwife......
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Hey I've applied for psychology at Napier for 2023 :smile: im doing psychology, sociology and business studies at sixth form xx
Reply 3
Hey is anyone going to Napier for psychology?
hi!

is anyone else applying for biomed? x
Have you heard back? I’ve applied for the same course too and have got offers from all other unis I’ve applied for
Reply 6
Do napier take longer to reply to ucas, or is it Scottish unis in general because I’ve got offers back from unis with much bigger grade requirements, but I’m set on napier.
Original post by Tomasmag
Do napier take longer to reply to ucas, or is it Scottish unis in general because I’ve got offers back from unis with much bigger grade requirements, but I’m set on napier.

napier were the first uni to get back to me a week after i applied so i think it just depends on your course
Hi, I just got an unconditional offer for Napier for nursing, I’m just wondering if anyone knows what the accommodation is like and how strict they are on having the occasional guest stay over?
Original post by Gracesaunders
Hi, I just got an unconditional offer for Napier for nursing, I’m just wondering if anyone knows what the accommodation is like and how strict they are on having the occasional guest stay over?

Hi, I’m no help with what you’ve asked but I was wondering how long you had to wait on your results from the CCA test. Also do you know what score range it needs to be to get an offer ? I had mine today
Hi I got my offer like 2 weeks after my interview, they didn’t tell me what range we had to get in the CCA test or give me my results so I’m actually not too sure about that sorry xx
Original post by Gracesaunders
Hi I got my offer like 2 weeks after my interview, they didn’t tell me what range we had to get in the CCA test or give me my results so I’m actually not too sure about that sorry xx

ahh no worries I was just curious, I had mine today and it told me my score at the end so was just wondering - thanks anyways xx
Just had my interview for napier and got an offer! i’ve applied to photography ba, and i’m currently doing creative media production! interview was so easy and the lecturer was very understanding of my nerves ❤️
Is anyone applying for film at napier? I sent in my portfolio in January but haven’t heard anything yet…
Original post by Tracey_W
Don't know if I can be useful for any potential students looking at doing midwifery at Napier university as ex student midwife......

Hi, I have an offer for midwifery at Napier. I’ve already done a year of adult nursing. Any tips for someone with a bit of hospital experience? Any books or anything you recommend I buy? I felt so unprepared for my adult nursing course by relying on everything being taught so anything you’d recommend to help prepare me would be great.
Original post by emma1508
Hi, I have an offer for midwifery at Napier. I’ve already done a year of adult nursing. Any tips for someone with a bit of hospital experience? Any books or anything you recommend I buy? I felt so unprepared for my adult nursing course by relying on everything being taught so anything you’d recommend to help prepare me would be great.

Hi Emma ☺️☺️
That's brilliant news about your offer for Napier and I am sure you'll thoroughly enjoy studying there...xx

Your skills from the nursing you have already done should be useful for you ( general OBS etc ).
I don't think you'll have any problems with working in a maternity ward with your experience as I know it's probably different from adult care but it's similar skills etc you are using except you are looking after pregnant mum's to be.
All I can say is use the experience from the hospital work you are currently doing.

Myles Textbook for Midwives Paperback 17 July 2020 was probably the last previous edition printed but should be a update copy available.

Anatomy and physiology of the human body will be a good book for you - Ross and Wilson
Myles Midwifery Anatomy & Physiology Workbook Paperback 26 Feb. 2020.

If you are buying any books it doesn't matter what year it was published but get the latest available one if you possibly can as this would do your 3 years of being a student midwife, the only difference for newly published books is the update on medication and technology as this changes all the time.

You should hopefully be given a list of books etc required for your coursework from Napier when you start as maybe in PDF free download copies or what you can buy. Also check out the local council library to see if they have any students nursing books okay plus the university library as well but only issue is that everyone else will be doing the same thing as you looking for books.

Buy them online if you can as probably cheaper than the high street shops.

Hi, how long after the selection day did you hear back ? Congrats on your offer :smile:
Original post by katiebrennanxo
Hi, how long after the selection day did you hear back ? Congrats on your offer :smile:

Thank you :smile: i heard back just over a week later :smile:
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi Emma ☺️☺️
That's brilliant news about your offer for Napier and I am sure you'll thoroughly enjoy studying there...xx

Your skills from the nursing you have already done should be useful for you ( general OBS etc ).
I don't think you'll have any problems with working in a maternity ward with your experience as I know it's probably different from adult care but it's similar skills etc you are using except you are looking after pregnant mum's to be.
All I can say is use the experience from the hospital work you are currently doing.

Myles Textbook for Midwives Paperback 17 July 2020 was probably the last previous edition printed but should be a update copy available.

Anatomy and physiology of the human body will be a good book for you - Ross and Wilson
Myles Midwifery Anatomy & Physiology Workbook Paperback 26 Feb. 2020.

If you are buying any books it doesn't matter what year it was published but get the latest available one if you possibly can as this would do your 3 years of being a student midwife, the only difference for newly published books is the update on medication and technology as this changes all the time.

You should hopefully be given a list of books etc required for your coursework from Napier when you start as maybe in PDF free download copies or what you can buy. Also check out the local council library to see if they have any students nursing books okay plus the university library as well but only issue is that everyone else will be doing the same thing as you looking for books.

Buy them online if you can as probably cheaper than the high street shops.

Thank you :smile: as I said I felt a little unde-prepared last time and just want to prepare a little this time.
I'm a master at Obs and I've also had some theatre experience so I'm imagining that will come in handy at some point too. I'm looking forward to getting started.
Thank you :smile: as I said I felt a little unde-prepared last time and just want to prepare a little this time.
I'm a master at Obs and I've also had some theatre experience so I'm imagining that will come in handy at some point too. I'm looking forward to getting started.

You will be fine this time as you have experience in nursing you can use on the course as not everyone will have any previous nursing experience.

At least you know what the OBS are and noting them down.

Just be prepared for time's when it will get hectic at short notice because midwifery is a fast changing job all the time as you'll find out. Your little experience in theatre is useful but you'll be at some point in theatre as the patient midwife when it is a emergency c- section or planned one......

Just remember that midwifing is completely different from adult nursing as you are constantly dealing with minimum of two people life's. You'll have a great time when you start in September 🙂🙂.

Quick Reply

Latest