The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Official University of Portsmouth 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Portsmouth for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
Hey my name is Liv. I went to the university for maybe 3 days in September but had to withdraw at that point. I'm going again and will be studying computer science.

Does anyone know if Chaucer house and or Gretnham street have multiple common rooms and study areas and what is the gym like in Chaucer. I'm debating which is better to go with and they both seem like they have good options, one with a beautiful common room and the other with a gym but I don't know how busy they get or if there is just the one for each building.
(edited 1 year ago)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Just received an unconditional offer from Portsmouth which is fantastic but I’m now wondering if this the norm for Portsmouth to offer unconditional to the majority of students. Does anyone know? I ready that quite a few students have unconditional offers
Original post by turnerhouse31
Just received an unconditional offer from Portsmouth which is fantastic but I’m now wondering if this the norm for Portsmouth to offer unconditional to the majority of students. Does anyone know? I ready that quite a few students have unconditional offers

Hey :smile: Congratulations on the offer! I'm unsure what Portsmouth offering behavior is usually like, might change depending on the course? Either way it shouldn't matter to how happy you are with the offer!
Reply 4
(Original post by turnerhouse31)Just received an unconditional offer from Portsmouth which is fantastic but I’m now wondering if this the norm for Portsmouth to offer unconditional to the majority of students. Does anyone know? I ready that quite a few students have unconditional offers

I got an unconditional too, wondering the same. Please update me if you know, also congrats! What course did you apply for?
Reply 5
Yo guys, what is everyone thinking for accom?
Has anyone gotten an email about their accom choice being confirmed yet?
Reply 7
Hey, anyone here in Cathrine? Just confirmed my room there.
Reply 8
I'm in trafalgar :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by tmcm
Hey, anyone here in Cathrine? Just confirmed my room there.

Hey I just literally payed the deposit and confirmed my room yesterday what block and floor are you
Reply 10
block A floor 1
Reply 11
Anyone in Marget Rule? 😭
Reply 12
Original post by Yazzoo12
Anyone in Marget Rule? 😭

yes im margaret rule :smile:
Reply 13
hiya! does anyone know whether there’s a group chat i could join? i’ve put portsmouth as my clearing choice :smile:
Original post by iixjessa
hiya! does anyone know whether there’s a group chat i could join? i’ve put portsmouth as my clearing choice :smile:

same question!
Original post by iixjessa

Congratulations on getting a place at Portsmouth! We'll be launching a Discord server for new students in the next few days where you can meet each other and find group chat links, but you can also join our Facebook applicant group in the meantime :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending