The Student Room Group

Bringing out masculine features

Hi, I’m 15 with fairly feminine facial features. I’ve got no facial hair, and feminine bone and face structure.

I’ve been feeling very uncomfortable about this lately and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do things like enhance the jawline or make it look as though I have a beard/am shaving? I’ve already tried makeup (masculine contour) but that just made me feel worse.

I recently had someone refer to me as a woman and I was pretty upset about it. I prefer to present as masculine or androgynous, and dislike being viewed as feminine.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by RushingRiver
Hi, I’m 15 with fairly feminine facial features. I’ve got no facial hair, and feminine bone and face structure.

I’ve been feeling very uncomfortable about this lately and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do things like enhance the jawline or make it look as though I have a beard/am shaving? I’ve already tried makeup (masculine contour) but that just made me feel worse.

I recently had someone refer to me as a woman and I was pretty upset about it. I prefer to present as masculine or androgynous, and dislike being viewed as feminine.

I think if you're trying to look more masculine the last thing you want to be doing is applying make-up...

You're 15. Give it time :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
I think if you're trying to look more masculine the last thing you want to be doing is applying make-up...

You're 15. Give it time :smile:

I’m born female so time won’t really do much at this point :redface:
The makeup tip was from another trans guy but yeah that really didn’t work :lol:
Hey dude, I think a lot of it is haircut and clothing. I am a fair bit older than you but often get told/viewed as a teenage guy. I have no facial hair, and I'm not on T but sometimes wear a binder to make myself feel more comfortable with my body.

Good luck mate x
I’m born female so time won’t really do much at this point :redface:
The makeup tip was from another trans guy but yeah that really didn’t work :lol:

Time might make a difference depending on how things pan out in the future - i.e. if you decide to start taking testosterone etc. There's always options, and I can understand it must be disheartening at the moment, but try to think about a positive future. :smile:
Original post by Oxy-moron
Hey dude, I think a lot of it is haircut and clothing. I am a fair bit older than you but often get told/viewed as a teenage guy. I have no facial hair, and I'm not on T but sometimes wear a binder to make myself feel more comfortable with my body.

Good luck mate x

Thank you :smile: I’ve got the clothing sorted. I think my hair is a bit of an issue but I have to work around what my parents will let me do still :s-smilie: it’s short-ish so that’s something at least!

Time might make a difference depending on how things pan out in the future - i.e. if you decide to start taking testosterone etc. There's always options, and I can understand it must be disheartening at the moment, but try to think about a positive future. :smile:

Thank you! That gave me a little boost :smile:

try and gel your hair back mabye mate ?
Original post by honeybuns2k5
try and gel your hair back mabye mate ?

Thanks, I’ll give that a try tomorrow! :smile:
Thanks, I’ll give that a try tomorrow! :smile:

no worries, hope it helps. mabye buy some silver jewellery like chunky dog tags or wolf head ones etc if you know what I mean like metal head type of stuff ?
Leave your face completely natural. Focus on hair and pay attention to the way clothing hangs on your frame.

That makes me happy to read that :smile:
Original post by 1582
Leave your face completely natural. Focus on hair and pay attention to the way clothing hangs on your frame.

Thanks :smile: I just worry that my face will be too feminine no matter what I do with hair and clothes :s-smilie: the female body seems to have an awful lot of extra fat compared to guys…

That makes me happy to read that :smile:

I wish I could rep you twice :tongue:
bit longer term but in general males tend to have more muscular arms so maybe try some workouts? it might also help with the clothing thing 1582 mentioned e.g. shoulders (and no harm in exercising)
Original post by justareject
bit longer term but in general males tend to have more muscular arms so maybe try some workouts? it might also help with the clothing thing 1582 mentioned e.g. shoulders (and no harm in exercising)

I’m hoping to try some exercise but I’m not sure because of health issues :frown: I’m having to take it very easy right now, just a bit of swimming a couple of times a week. Thanks for the tip though, I’ll definitely work on that once my health is under control :smile:
Might sound totally counterproductive, but give shaving the peach fuzz off your face a go. It'll make it grow back in a little rougher after a couple days, so if you're someone who's prone to touching your face, you'll have that tactile roughness there haha
Reply 15

Good luck mate x

You're a weirdo.
Reply 16

Good luck mate x

You're a racist.
Reply 17
Thanks :smile: I just worry that my face will be too feminine no matter what I do with hair and clothes :s-smilie: the female body seems to have an awful lot of extra fat compared to guys…

I wish I could rep you twice :tongue:

Mind your language.

Quick Reply

Latest