The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I believe so.
Reply 21
abc101
No. Animals are nicer than people.

What world are you living in? Maybe humans are horrible to you because you say retarded things like this. Would a lion stop and think before killing you? No. Would a human? Err....
I give only to animal charities. The way I see it, every human can pretty much get themselves out of a bad situation, whereas an animal cant defend themselves from humans.
But, I also donate to children's charities, because they can help themselves either.
Reply 23
No, though I'd choose to donate my money to humans over animals.
Well seeing as most the time us humans are the ones that have caused the problems that have lead to whatever animal being cared for by a charity we should give more money to animal charities.
Reply 25
abc101
No. Animals are nicer than people.

Try asking a lion for directions
I would think, without wishing to trample on her right to speak for herself, that abc101 was referring to the lack of ability to comprehend morality in non-human animals, making them innocent regardless of what actions they may take.
I wouldn't say it's wrong to give to animal charities over human ones if that's what you want to spend your money on, but I'd rather give to a human charity.
Reply 28
Yuffie
Am I the only one who didn't understand a word of this?

Why didnt u understand it? Humans abuse animals, the least we can do is help them
apricot
Why didnt u understand it? Humans abuse animals, the least we can do is help them

:ditto:
Reply 30
Happy_Holidays
Well seeing as most the time us humans are the ones that have caused the problems that have lead to whatever animal being cared for by a charity we should give more money to animal charities.

Thats what i said :smile:
Animals don't have the same moral value as humans, therefore we shouldn't apply our morals to them.

Then again, charity is an excuse not to fix the problems in the first place.

In conclusion, you go girl. Make yourself feel better.
Yuffie
People with brain damage should have access to euthanasia.

Hell, people without fully developed brains too. Who needs children?
Depends which animal charities. I will not, and will never donate to the RSCPA for example, but am happy to donate to Redwings, a horse sanctuary, because humans have caused all the horses there suffering, it's not much to donate a few pounds a month towards their care.
MichaelGoodwin
The way I see it, every human can pretty much get themselves out of a bad situation

Not true.

I donate to human charities and then animal ones. I know i would want someone donating to help people like me if i were in a particular situation over animals.

We are in a position of control (of some degree) over the world and i agree that we should look after animals and the environment. Whether or not we do is another question, but i also think that we should take care of our own race first before helping animals. Just makes sense to me.
giving to any charity is a good thing, however I'm not really an animal person and I do empathise more with humans. But it's your own choice at the end of the day.
I don't think it's wrong, but I would never ever do it. If I ever felt the urge to donate so much as 1p to any animal charity, I would direct myself to the nearest Oxfam instead.
Not at all.

It really annoys me when people sneer at certain charities and talk about 'more important' ones.
I think that you should donate to any charity you truly believe in, often people like to donate to something that has personally affected them, for example. If everyone just donated to the 'most important' charities I do not believe the world would necessarily be a better place.

Of course there are some charities which are absolutely rolling in money, in which case I might think twice about donating to them over something else, but other than that it should be left to your personal preference, and the cause you feel comfortable giving your money to.
Reply 38
I don't think it is.
The advert for Brooke, the donkey charity, just about breaks my heart every time I see it.
x
Reply 39
I think its wrong that the RSPC receives millions of pounds in donations where as say a charity like Age Concerned receive a fraction of that. I think it is sad. It only shows the superficial nature of the human race. They are far too easily enticed by something looking cute and cuddly.

Latest

Trending

Trending