The Student Room Group

Who else is vegan on here?

If you are :woo: Me too! World needs more vegans to save the animals and spreading the message that eating animals is evil, especially when we don’t need to! It is a choice for like 99% of people! (Inuits of polar people probs don’t have a choice - but what valid excuse do others have?)
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm not vegan but would be willing to eat vegan food if I like it (if there's a meal or thing that I like and it happens to be vegan then i'll eat it).
Original post by Talkative Toad
I'm not vegan but would be willing to eat vegan food if I like it (if there's a meal or thing that I like and it happens to be vegan then i'll eat it).

It’s much easier these days. Things have moved on from when I became vegan many years ago.
Original post by boulderingislife
It’s much easier these days. Things have moved on from when I became vegan many years ago.

Yeah, it can definitely be easier to be vegan now compared to before.
If you are :woo: Me too! World needs more vegans to save the animals and spreading the message that eating animals is evil, especially when we don’t need to! It is a choice for like 99% of people! (Inuits of polar people probs don’t have a choice - but what valid excuse do others have?)

I'm vegetarian
Original post by propergoodman
I'm vegetarian

If there was a half woo I would give it to you :wink:
Chicken is elite tho
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
Chicken is elite tho

Chicken is just animal abuse and death on a plate. How anyone could eat that or any other meat is beyond me tbh :eek:
(edited 1 year ago)
Chicken is elite tho

True but up to people what they eat I guess.

If people want to eat meat? Good
If people want to be vegan? Good
as long as they aren't forcing people to join their side.
Chicken is just animal abuse and death on a plate. How anyone could eat that or any other meat is beyond me tbh :eek:

Animals eat each other too, are they also abusive? Plants are also alive y'know.
Animals eat each other too, are they also abusive? Plants are also alive y'know.

Humans have a choice. We don’t need meat to survive. We are also sentient, and plants are not.

Next you’ll be arguing plants have feelings and i am torturing a carrot and i should starve to death right? :rolleyes:
:vroam:
meh, i just let people eat what they want within reason.
Not a vegan, but at least a vegetarian occasionally. I don't need meat everyday to eat.
*shrugs* Eating plants isn't without it's moral issues either but you'll rarely get anyone to admit the bias, largely as a plants distress is far easier to ignore than something with a face and a voice.
Original post by Talkative Toad
True but up to people what they eat I guess.

If people want to eat meat? Good
If people want to be vegan? Good
as long as they aren't forcing people to join their side.

It would not make sense to force people for anything. They don't change their mind and attitude suddenly, just because people dictate what is the right thing. That goes for their eating habits too.
Original post by Kallisto
It would not make sense to force people for anything. They don't change their mind and attitude suddenly, just because people dictate what is the right thing. That goes for their eating habits too.

Yeah. I've had some vegans online try to make my feel “guilty” about eating meat, but their tactics have failed.
Humans have a choice. We don’t need meat to survive. We are also sentient, and plants are not.

Next you’ll be arguing plants have feelings and i am torturing a carrot and i should starve to death right? :rolleyes:

What about omnivores? They can eat both meat and plants. They don't need meat to survive. Are they also evil? There are also researches that show that there are apparently side effects to veganism.

While I do believe that you shouldn't abuse animals, I don't think killing them for food is considered abuse. I think there is a big difference between humans and animals and the way they think and feel.
What about omnivores? They can eat both meat and plants. They don't need meat to survive. Are they also evil? There are also researches that show that there are apparently side effects to veganism.

While I do believe that you shouldn't abuse animals, I don't think killing them for food is considered abuse. I think there is a big difference between humans and animals and the way they think and feel.

What side effects? Bar b12, there is nothing I cannot get from my vegan diet. I’be been vegan for
nearly 9 years and my bloodwork has always come back fine. As long as you eat right, there’s nothing wring with a vegan diet.

i’m not trying to push my ways on anyone but i’m just proving that eating meat and animal products is a choice. No one ‘needs’ to eat it to survive, bar a few places in the world where they don’t grow anything. Tundra-esque environments.
i was thinking of going vegan but idk if my parents would approve 😐
What side effects? Bar b12, there is nothing I cannot get from my vegan diet. I’be been vegan for
nearly 9 years and my bloodwork has always come back fine. As long as you eat right, there’s nothing wring with a vegan diet.

i’m not trying to push my ways on anyone but i’m just proving that eating meat and animal products is a choice. No one ‘needs’ to eat it to survive, bar a few places in the world where they don’t grow anything. Tundra-esque environments.

"Avoiding consumption of animal-sourced food may also be related to higher rates of depression and anxiety. Hair loss, weak bones, muscle wasting, skin rashes, hypothyroidism, and anemia are other issues that have been observed in those strictly following a vegan diet"
(^something I just snatched from a 30s Google search do with it what you will)

While veganism might have worked for you, it definitely doesn't work for everyone. I have a friend who tried to be vegan for a few months and she found that she ended up with a lack of energy and feeling more tired than usual and ended up eating meat again.

Quick Reply

Latest