The Student Room Group

Nottingham veterinary medicine Prelim (D104) 2023

Hey everyone, I'm on the prelim course in September. anyone else on here had an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RD350
Hey everyone, I'm on the prelim course in September. anyone else on here had an offer yet?

I still haven’t heard anything!
Reply 2
Any news yet?...
Original post by DL5432
I still haven’t heard anything!
Reply 3
Original post by RD350
Any news yet?...

Nothing!!!
Reply 4
My daughter is looking at this course for entry next year - how did you find the application process? Do you mind sharing the kind of work experience you had for your application?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Vetmum7
My daughter is looking at this course for entry next year - how did you find the application process? Do you mind sharing the kind of work experience you had for your application?
Thanks

I have applied for this course, and have been interviewed and I’m now waiting to hear.

My application is probably slightly different, as I’m a Registered Veterinary Nurse, so applying as a mature student (27).

The application is pretty standard to the other schools, personal statement and then work experience form and situational judgment test. If you score highly on those then you get invited to interview.
Interview consisted of observational tasks and then a panel interview with two interviewers. That’s as much as I can say about the interview really as the Universities like to keep their own systems private.

Work Experience wise, vets (small, large and equine), farriers, foot trimmers, lambing, calving/dairy, abattoir, sanctuaries. It’s intense to try and get a place…definitely not an easy ride!

Hope that helps!
Reply 6
Original post by Vetmum7
Thanks

Yeah no dramas, but my experience may have been a bit different though due to me applying as a mature student.

I can't really fault the process, they let you know the deadlines for each stage in plenty of time and whenever I've emailed the admissions department to chase anything up they've always got back to me within a day or two max.

I had a 3 week placement at DATR (Defence animal training regiment) which is one of Nottinghams partners where they send their 5th years on rotations. 1 week with the vets (equine+canine practice), 1 week with the army dog handlers who train the sniffer dogs and 1 week on the stable yard essentially as a groom at the riding school where they teach the guards to ride. It's a bit of a unique one as I could only arrange that using some of my contacts in the army (I'll be leaving just before September). but I would definitely recommend trying to go to one of the places listed as a notts uni partner as it was great working with some of the 5th years and getting their perspective on things and seeing what they do.

From an admissions perspective they just sent the questionnaire out and you tell them how many weeks and in what kind of place you worked, they didn't ask too many details about the placements themselves. so as long as your daughter meets the requirements (3 weeks at least 1 of which being in a clinical environment) it shouldn't cause any problems. That being said take anything you can, every day was different and if I had another week there id expect it to be the same and expose me to even more.
Original post by RD350

Hi
Hope you can help we rang up to chase up we’re our daughters email had gone we were told all emails had been sent
They said they are sending it again as not received
Did your email give you a time / date to reply by ?
Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Anna2005
Hi
Hope you can help we rang up to chase up we’re our daughters email had gone we were told all emails had been sent
Thank you

They said they’d sent out all their replies in terms of offers or rejections?

I emailed the admissions team last week and I’m waiting for a reply.
Original post by DL5432
They said they’d sent out all their replies in terms of offers or rejections?

I emailed the admissions team last week and I’m waiting for a reply.

Yes so we are worried because our email has gone a stray
we don’t even know if it’s a rejection or a offer yet so stressful

Have you not received any offers yet either from Nottingham
Reply 11

In that case I’m in the same situation, because I still haven’t heard yet. UCAS also hasn’t update nor has the portal.
Did you speak to admission? I’m led to believe that when you get an offer the NottinghamHub updates and mine still says application received.
Original post by DL5432
In that case I’m in the same situation, because I still haven’t heard yet. UCAS also hasn’t update nor has the portal.
Did you speak to admission? I’m led to believe that when you get an offer the NottinghamHub updates and mine still says application received.

How do view Nottingham hub
We did speak to admissions they said everyone should have received an offer or rejection now ?
Reply 14
How do view Nottingham hub

There should have been log in details in one of the very first emails from them. It contained a link to log in. You can view the Application Status
Original post by DL5432
There should have been log in details in one of the very first emails from them. It contained a link to log in. You can view the Application Status

Yes checked nothing
Have you not received any offers yet either from Nottingham

Nothing no emails
Reply 17
Nothing no emails

Strange.
Original post by DL5432
Strange.

Really strange but also so frustrating as life feels on hold going to ring again tomorrow we are guessing it is a rejection as previous D104 preliminary have had their offers 😢😢
Reply 19
Hi
Thank you

Hi so the email was just one saying there had been an update on UCAS and then replied to the offer on the UCAS site, I don't remember seeing anything about a deadline to reply though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending