The Student Room Group

DWP Executive officer

Has anyone in the Yorkshire region received feedback from interviews EO universal credit review officer?

Scroll to see replies

My application is still showing as being reviewed. Others I know found out they where unsuccessful yesterday and got their marks from interview
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel112345
My application is still showing as being reviewed. Others I know found out they where unsuccessful yesterday and got their marks from interview

Mine has been saying its being reviewed since Thursday last week. Seems a long time.
Original post by Ririjade
Mine has been saying its being reviewed since Thursday last week. Seems a long time.

I honestly dont know what's going on with them all. Its incredibly frustrating not having a time scale of when to expect a response. I hope you hear something soon
Reply 4
I honestly dont know what's going on with them all. Its incredibly frustrating not having a time scale of when to expect a response. I hope you hear something soon

I hope so! I'm currently an AO and EO TDA team leader for a team in Sheffield. The 514 vacancy is so much closer to home and from what I've heard is still hybrid working. There were 50 vacancies for the post I applied for but I don't know anyone else who has applied for the same vacancy to see if they heard anything.
Reply 5
I hope so! I'm currently an AO and EO TDA team leader for a team in Sheffield. The 514 vacancy is so much closer to home and from what I've heard is still hybrid working. There were 50 vacancies for the post I applied for but I don't know anyone else who has applied for the same vacancy to see if they heard anything.

I applied for the same thing! Just saw your post and logged into the portal. It's still 'in review' :colonhash: .

They really are taking forever, but apparently it's a normal thing? I've also hear that others who applied for it have not been successful in their applications, it seems something is happening but very very slowly.
Reply 6
Original post by Bean_cat
I applied for the same thing! Just saw your post and logged into the portal. It's still 'in review' :colonhash: .

They really are taking forever, but apparently it's a normal thing? I've also hear that others who applied for it have not been successful in their applications, it seems something is happening but very very slowly.

Oh wow so some people not successful from interview have already heard back from vacancy 514?
Reply 7
Oh wow so some people not successful from interview have already heard back from vacancy 514?

Yeah, some friends that work for DWP have told me their colleagues had applied but were not successful, so maybe we've done alright?
Just double checked and it was vacancy 514.
Reply 8
Aww well I feel slightly positive now 😂 I felt super nervous on interview and even laughed at myself mid question, My HEO seemed to think it would add character 🤣. I spent days prepping and writing out scenarios. So I feel abit hopeful now! Maybe we might hear Monday! 🤞🤞🤞
Reply 9
Original post by Bean_cat
Yeah, some friends that work for DWP have told me their colleagues had applied but were not successful, so maybe we've done alright?
Just double checked and it was vacancy 514.

Do you know roughly when they heard back?
Reply 10
Aww well I feel slightly positive now 😂 I felt super nervous on interview and even laughed at myself mid question, My HEO seemed to think it would add character 🤣. I spent days prepping and writing out scenarios. So I feel abit hopeful now! Maybe we might hear Monday! 🤞🤞🤞

My friend who is the same age as me (61) has just been signed off on the sick (or whatever the modern parlance is) because listening to tragic as f*ck stories 40 hours a week working for the DWP, whilst having to implement their unkind one size fits all policies and make life altering judgement calls at ‘the stroke of a pen’, did her head in big time… so, either, be prepared to put your humanity aside, or be careful what you wish for…
Benefit fraud is so comparably small that it would be cheaper for the government to dismantle the whole bureaucracy system and just believe people…(basic living wage is ALREADY being trialled), but then that doesn’t make for a good job creation scheme! Perhaps read David Graeber’s book ‘Bullsh*t Jobs’ first… But hey, any port in a storm, yeah?
(edited 9 months ago)

Fingers crossed for you. You have lots of experience already so that will hopefully go in your favour. My local office where people have already started the training are 2 days in office 3 at home. The training you have to have a full route way again and go through all of booking appointments, the system think it's 6 weeks which is annoying but at least there is the job at the end of it
Reply 12
Fingers crossed for you. You have lots of experience already so that will hopefully go in your favour. My local office where people have already started the training are 2 days in office 3 at home. The training you have to have a full route way again and go through all of booking appointments, the system think it's 6 weeks which is annoying but at least there is the job at the end of it

Hopefully, yeah I thought the training would be intense. I've no experience on the UC system I'm currently on legacy benefits so using the system from the 80s 🤣 which I won't lie took abit of patience to grasp at first. What are you currently doing?
Hopefully, yeah I thought the training would be intense. I've no experience on the UC system I'm currently on legacy benefits so using the system from the 80s 🤣 which I won't lie took abit of patience to grasp at first. What are you currently doing?

If you've been managing on legacy UC will be a breeze for you haha I am working in JC I was work coaching but currently on front of house team. I've worked there for 5 1/2 yrs now so ready for a change. Did 10 years at HMRC before that
Reply 14
If you've been managing on legacy UC will be a breeze for you haha I am working in JC I was work coaching but currently on front of house team. I've worked there for 5 1/2 yrs now so ready for a change. Did 10 years at HMRC before that

Wow you have tonnes of experience. Have you applied for the UC credit review team also?
Wow you have tonnes of experience. Have you applied for the UC credit review team also?

Yeah, it's the same grade I am currently but I've had enough of front facing now and want a change. Frustrating I've had to go through a whole external application again.
Reply 16
Yeah, it's the same grade I am currently but I've had enough of front facing now and want a change. Frustrating I've had to go through a whole external application again.

So you won't currently do hybrid then will you? Yeah it's so frustrating going through the whole process again and the waiting game isn't it 🥴
(edited 9 months ago)
So you won't currently do hybrid then will you? Yeah it's so frustrating going through the whole process again and the waiting game isn't it 🥴

No I'm in the office full time so will be a welcome change for me if I get it. I've worked from home on the odd days if needed to when my children have been off for strike days but that's it they want you in all the time when front facing
Reply 18
No I'm in the office full time so will be a welcome change for me if I get it. I've worked from home on the odd days if needed to when my children have been off for strike days but that's it they want you in all the time when front facing

Yeah that's a no from me after working hybrid 😂 it's so flexible and easier for my daughter
Yeah that's a no from me after working hybrid 😂 it's so flexible and easier for my daughter

I'm hoping for a better work life balance if I can work hybrid. That's the big plan anyway haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending